cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Quotation & purchase order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I want to get clear how purchase order play a role in creating a quotation.

So long i heard of process Enquiry->Quotation->Sale order -> Delivery->Billing->FI posting.

But i have no idea how purchase order is used to create quotation.

Plz if anyone can explain me in detail about the quotation part.

Basically i am an abaper and requirement is to use a BAPI for creating quotation.There is purchase order information also

given in input.However i have no functinal clarity about purchase order and the way it is linked to quotation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are talking about the Purchase No. (VBKD-BSTKD) in transaction VA21, then this Purchas Order is basically from the Customer.

As Sales Process, we sell material to a customer, and in some of the organization we create Quotation / Order against the Purchase Order which we received from the Customer. To keep a track we maintain the PO no. in above said field. This is not related to the PO which we create in SAP.

Thanks and regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Basically a Purchase order is created to procure goods / items from an external vendor or plant. Those items are called 3rd party items. When a sales order is created, a purchase requisition PR is created 1st basing on the settings in scheduling line catg. A PR will either convert into a production order (for inhouse manufactured goods) or a purchase order (for externally procured goods). PR to PO conversion happens in ME59.

It is also possible that a PO is raised 1st to procure the goods. This happens for STO items (stock items). Company raises a PO to the vendor or supplier, inbound delivery is created, when the inbound delivery is GR'ed, stock will be available.

Your understanding is correct that Inquiry --> Quotation --> order --> delivery --> billing.

Quotation is where we give it to the customer on the terms of sale which has a specific validity period. In some cases, we refer the SO from the quotation. But the quotation cannot directly create a PO. Also if you see the VOV6, schedule line catg BN & BV will not have availability check or transfer of requirements or any entry in order field (for creating a PR).

So in any case if you receive any purchase order data, it is required to enter in purchase order data screen in quotation. Other than that it has no relevance.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos
When a sales order is created, a purchase requisition PR is created 1st basing on the settings in scheduling line catg.

In MRP run that creates PR ,is it saem concept that you are talking about manufactured inhouse goods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U said u are going to use a BAPI to create a Quotation.

Functionally speaking u create a Quotation when u get an inquiry from customer. Then u send Quotation to the customer. Then the customer raises a PO. When PO is received the sales order is created.

Now usually u dont have PO no while creating Quotation. But if u do have it the just use the BAPI & pass it in VBKD-BSTKD field.

Also some replies above talked of Third party sceanrio where PO is created from PR when sales Order is created. But in ur case u r not creating sales order.

U r creating Quotation. So dnt think that 3rd party scenario applies in ur case.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why PR needs to be created from sale order perspective ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In third party scenario the Material in sales order is not manufactured by the company. So when sals order is saved it creates a PR in background.

This PR is converted into PO by Purchasing department. PO is sent to vendor(supplier). the vendor directly sends goods to customer. vendor bills the company & company bills the customer.