cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOCAL CLIENT COPY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Members,

I have to do local client copy in production server , Do anybody have this idea that how can we get the estimated time of local client copy with sap_all profile. My Database size is 100 GB and RAM is 4 GB.

There is the option of test run with simulation and resource check.so can we get the estimated time from that options?

I do not want users to login to the Source(production) client because it is not recommended so i have to take the downtime that is why I have to know that how much time local client copy will take first.

Thanks,

RMOI

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is the option of test run with simulation and resource check.so can we get the estimated time from that options?

Yes,

With test run, you can calculate time, and can see if any errors can occurs during client copy...

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Yes,

> With test run, you can calculate time, and can see if any errors can occurs during client copy...

>

Hi Rajesh ,

As you said I am running TEST RUN with Simulation only...not with resource check ...it is taking around 12 hrs. to complete...So when I will do Local client copy in actual i can assume that it will be finished in 12 hrs.(I am using 2 parallel processes) ?

and also i am getting the below error after test run :-

TABLE COEP READ ERROR...

TAB_COPY_2 --> FUNCTION DB_SELECT: SY-SUBRC =2

Error read error in client : 500 table COEP

program ended with error or warning ,return code: F

Please tell me how to resolve this issue or get further..

Thanks,

RMOI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

TABLE COEP READ ERROR...

TAB_COPY_2 --> FUNCTION DB_SELECT: SY-SUBRC =2

Error read error in client : 500 table COEP

program ended with error or warning ,return code: F

For this error, you can take the help of ABAP developer to check and correct if there is any problem in COEP table.

For your information, you can exclude such tables from client copy.

To do this --

Run SE38 and execute RSCCEXPT report to define the tables you need to exclude from Client Copy run.

To speed up the Client Copy process, you can use more that 2 parallel process..

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the information.....

I am running test run with simulation .....its taking 12 hrs. to complete so is it the exact time it will take during local client copy or We have to add few hours in it..kindly tell so that i can tell this downtime to my company...

regards,

RMOI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am running test run with simulation .....its taking 12 hrs. to complete so is it the exact time it will take during local client copy or We have to add few hours in it..

Yes it will take 12 hrs to complete with 2 parallel process... but you can add 1 or 2 hrs in total calculated time for safer side...

Use more that 2 parallel process (can be 4) for client copy, it will speed up the process..

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

Thanks for your kind support..

I had a discussion with abaper about error COEP read error they are saying export and import this this table in database level.. Is this is possible ? If yes then how can we do it ?

My database is ORACLE 9

Thanks,

RMOI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

below the more information about that error which i am getting in SCC3::-

COEP CO-OM Read Error (See System Log)

In T-Code :SM21(system logs)

Database error 1630 requires intervention by the database administrator

Database error 1630 at SEL access to table COEP

ORA-01630: max # extents (1000) reached in temp segment in

Tablespace PSAPTEMP

When i am checking the Size of tablespace PSAPTEMP its all free and also its of OK size.

Kindly suggest i guess its something related with max # extents (1000) reached in temp segment in

Regards,

RMOI

Edited by: RMOIHNITTI on May 21, 2010 9:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Database error 1630 requires intervention by the database administrator

Database error 1630 at SEL access to table COEP

ORA-01630: max # extents (1000) reached in temp segment in

Tablespace PSAPTEMP

Thats means at client copy process your PSAPTEMP tablespace get filled 100% and there is no space left to hold temp data.

Once the operation is cancled, the space of PSAPTEMP get freed automatically.

That why when you checked the tablespace you can see a lot of free tablespace in PSAPTEMP.

To avoid this error, you need to extend PSAPTEMP tablespace to hold more temporory data. Just add one more datafile in the said tablespace.

Most probably, as per the information given by you, this is not a really COEP table related problem.

The problem is PSAPTEMP tablespace is not having sufficient space to hold and process temporary data of COEP table whille Client Copy is in progress...

Try to extend the tablespace and re-run client copy. You will not get the same error again...

(You can also check the PSAPTEMP tablespace at the time of error. It will be almost 100% used...)

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all you should not ignore this table as its very imp. table for CO (controlling) and you shud not exclude this table for Client copy..

COEP CO Object: Line Items (by Period) MANDT (As you can see its having MANDT its client dependent table and there will be other tables linked to e.g. SD or FI,

As you can see your Error is because of your COEP table is quite big I am sure ... Just goto SE16 and check for "Number of Entries" for the same table... What you need to do you need to add/resize the datafile atleast 2-4 GB for your PSAPTEMP.

PSAPTEMP tablespace is mainly required for the intermediate storage of temporary data during certain database actions, for example: Sorting/aggregation/creating and accessing bitmap indexes.

ORA-01630: max # extents (string) reached in temp segment in tablespace string

Cause A temp segment tried to extend past max extents

Action:If maxextents for the tablespace is less than the the system maximum, you can raise that. Otherwise, raise pctincrease for the tablespace

You could also increase SORT_AREA_SIZE

Also check SAPnote: Note 3155 - Termination due to tablespace overflow...Hope it would be enough for you... to take care !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I tried it by making Temp tablespace PSAPTEMP auto extend and by adding 4 data-files but the same error came again.. ..

I have got 1SAP note on marketplace related to this error * Note 533455 - Terminations due to higher number of extents*

As per note below is the command to resolve this error : -

• ORA-01630*

If <tsp> is a temporary tablespace:

ALTER TABLESPACE <tsp> DEFAULT STORAGE (MAXEXTENTS <new>);

but i am not sure about the value for MAX EXTENTS ...how can we calculate this value ? table Coep is having more then 70 lakh entries.

OR Is there any way to make it Unlimited on temporary basis and we can change it later on.There is 1 more point mentioned in this note is ..

Note that when an index is created, a temporary segment is created first and only converted to a permanent index segment when the process is complete. This explains the errors caused by a temporary segment in an index tablespace when you reconstruct an index

Not sure what exactly it means.

Please Help.

Regards,

RMOI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to know what Database version you are using... and are you on LMT.. (Atleast for PSAPTEMP tablespace).

First thing first try to re-build the Indexes for COEP. Open SA38 and try to execute the RSANAORA in background with COEP table indexes (you can get all the indexes related to this table from DB02. Enter COEP as an object to search all the indexes. while rebuilding the indexes its imp. to place 0 first as its a primary index e.g.(COEP_0).

once this is over... try to create the statistics for this table only.. with your brtools (brconnect)

If possible for you... just try to bounce your system.. I hope it will gonna release the PSAPTEMP data

You can also look your size of MAX_EXTENTS viw below command

select max_extents from dba_tablespaces where TABLESPACE_NAME LIKE 'PSAPTEMP';

This below command will give you PCTINCREASE and MAX_EXTENTS.

select max_extents, contents, pct_increase from dba_tablespaces where TABLESPACE_NAME LIKE 'PSAPTEMP';

Command to set PCTINCREASE = 0 and other command to increase the MAXEXTENTS.

ALTER TABLESPACE PSAPTEMP DEFAULT STORAGE (PCTINCREASE 0);

ALTER TABLESPACE PSAPTEMP DEFAULT STORAGE (MAXEXTENTS new value);

Hope it will gonna help you... Always make a habbit to rebuild the indexes of fastest growing table.. it improves the performance and saves the disk.... by doing so we save 20-80 GB data space ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for the reply

Our abaper is looking in the matter of rebuilding the indexes for COEP table.

I ran the command select max_extents, contents, pct_increase from dba_tablespaces where TABLESPACE_NAME LIKE 'PSAPTEMP'; in sqlplus it showed the below values.

MAX_EXTENTS CONTENTS PCT_INCREASE

1000 PERMANENT 0

Does the above MAX_EXTENTS are fine or I shud increase the same as below

ALTER TABLESPACE PSAPTEMP DEFAULT STORAGE (MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED); (Is it possible to give the size as unlimited if not then what shud I give.)

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well thats great and why you need an ABAPer.. to rebuild the indexes... just use SA38 and run the RSANAORA report, choose rebuild indexes online, Add all the indexes and run it in background..

Yes.. well just save the information for your current values and you can make it unlimited and later once Client copy is finished you can make it again as old values though your PCT_INCREASE is set 0 which is ok for client copy process.

MAX_EXTENTS CONTENTS PCT_INCREASE

1000 PERMANENT 0

Did you get all the indexes for the table COEP..? Make a habbit to rebuild indexes to improve the performance of your SAP System.. all you need to decide from your what tables..

All the best !

Answers (0)