cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capacity not cifed with workcenter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have one question related to capacity , when I create a workcenter and CIF it to APO then why does capacity not cifed to APO.

I can see capacity in integration model only when I edit workcenter as APO resource and select resource type , category etc.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

AD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AD,

Under work centre master data in R/3, check whether all the

critical fields for capacity relevant fields like capacity category,

factory calender id, active version, standard available

capacity, capacity utilisation, no of individual capacities,

operating time, capacity, planning details, capacity planner

group, all fields under APO resource tab (under top right hand

side in work centre master data under capacities are

maintained and ciffed.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AD,

When you CIF a work center at a plant APO doesn't create a work center. It creates a resource for each capacity category you defined in the work center.

Example. If you CIF work center TEST at plant PPL having two capacity categories Machine, Person. APO creates two resources with names WTEST_PPL_001, WTEST_PPL_002. You can chose whether to create Single/Single-Mixed/Multi/Multi-Mixed type of Resources in IMG activity CFC9. By default all resources are CIF'ed as type Single.

So when you use /SAPAPO/RES01 you are not actually looking at work center but you're looking at capacity of the workcenter as a resource.

If you're facing problem in displaying the available resources, check whether you're choosing correct resource type in the Grouping field. You can display Single and Muli activity resouces with their capacities by choosing PPDS type and you can display Single-Mixed Multi-Mixed by choosing SNP.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for such a nice reply.

Mobeen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do I need to have a separate capacity for each work centre or a capacity can be good for many workcentres.

What is the relationship between capacity and workentre ?

Is it in the scheduling tab of workcentre where we assign capacity?

Thanks,

AD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do I need to have a separate capacity for each work centre or a capacity can be good for many workcentres?

APO will create the right number of resources with capacities for each workcenter. Number of resources will be equal to workcenter times the capacity categories in it. You need to have a separate resource for each work center and its capacity category.

What is the relationship between capacity and workentre ?

Is it in the scheduling tab of workcentre where we assign capacity? Yes.

Regards,

Mohan