Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REN Vs RLN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. What is the difference between REN and RLN item categories

2. In which scenario we can use RLN item category.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

REN is for standard returns. If you check the REN item catg in VOV7, field Return item is checked. Meaning, it is a standard return item. But for RLN, field return item is not checked. Meaning it is not a standard return item. Also check if item catg determination is maintained for RLN in VOV4. I dont see VOV4 is maintained for RLN.

But if you check the delivery item catg determination, there is item catg determination maintained for RLN against delivery type RL. RL delivery type is returns for purchase orders.

So logically we can conclude that, when you raise a PO to receive goods from vendor, there will be inbound delivery NL & delivery item catg NLN. If you wish to return the goods to vendor, then a return PO is created & a returns delivery to vendor is delivery type RL & item catg is RLN. So this means RLN is vendor returns item catg.

Pls check this in the system to double confirm.

Regards,

Sivanand

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Thanks.

MP.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rightly replied by Mr Sivanand.

To add little to what he said related to Sales Order and Sales I Cat.

If see the I Cat RLN the standard billing relevance is D - Pro forma

And also if you observe Schedule Line determination for I Cat RLN, i.e., schline is RN, Returns w/o planning.

So, we can conclude that RLN is I Cat for those Sales Doc process which is of billing wise Pro forma characteristics and has without planning return.

Thanks & Regards

JP