cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERM - Mass Role Import Error (Any Issues)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Two weeks ago, I have trying to load roles in ERM. The result hasn´t been than expected. I use SAP GRC AC (5.3). I need to load 6375 single roles, but only I have loaded 914 single role. Next I described to you a general context of my situation:

1. I divided the file VIRSA_RE_DNLDROLES.txt into 16 files (UTF - 😎 with single roles per module (AM, PO, PS, GL, SD...)

2. Each file contains segmented roles associated to a business process and multiples sub - business process.

3. When I checked roles in ERM, I notice that just load any roles. Not all roles in template was loaded.

4. Files size varies between 18 kb y 145 kb.

5. Files concerned "Mass Role Import" have the following extensions: Bulk Download File* (.txt), Enterprise Role Management Information File (.xls) and Primary Org. Level File (.xls).

5. A error generated was "Unknown error occurred while performing operation (No space left on device (errno:28))."

Honestly, I don´t know the reason for not loading all roles from template. Any suggestions? or ideas?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> 5. A error generated was "Unknown error occurred while performing operation (No space left on device (errno:28))."

>

Above is the error which is clearly showing No space left on device. It means one of the file system at operating system level is full. Increase the space on the file system and then try, it will work.

Take help from your admin guys.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I´ve located another issue in my mass role import. The File "Enterprise Role Management Information File", contains multiple single roles (segmented roles). For example: ZECTR_EXAMPLE1_01, ZECTR_EXAMPLE2_02, ZECTR_EXAMPLE3_03 and so on. Tha last two characters indicates "role segmentation".

When I check the imported roles in ERM, I notice that just was loaded certain roles. Namely, for the previous example, ERM just loaded ZECTR_EXAMPLE1_01 and not all of them.

Any solution? or explanation?..

Thanks a lot!.

Santiago

PD: I´m running GRC AC 5.3 - SP 11

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

What support pack level are you on? I have have a terrible time mass loading my roles in the past. I eventually found a way around it, but with every new support pack, there was a new problem. The latest (with SP11) is that the download templates don't match what really needs to be done...a colum is missing. Also, in SP11 they changed the text file from Unicode to ANSI.

In an earlier support pack, they had me put a "." at the end of the colum and told me to just load 15 roles at a time.

I suggest you put in an OSS message. It seems they know exactly what the problems are based on the support pack level and they will tell you to upgrade to a new Support pack, but we are staying at SP8 in production until it is more stable.

As I said...we have had major issues with loading our roles and I don't think any of the support packs are without issues in that regard but there always seems to be a workaround.

Thanks,

Peggy