cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to include EHP4 DVDs for Upgrade to ERP 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm trying to upgrade from R/3 4.6C to ERP 6.0 including EHP4 using DVDs sent by SAP. They sent a lot of DVDs and i included most of them in the download directory for the upgrade installer hoping he will find EHP4 packages and neccessary stacks.

Now during the upgrade the asks me for the XML file to include EHP and SP-STACKs. It seems to me that he didn't find the EHP packages on the DVD or the XML files on the DVDs are missing. Is there any way to force the installer (upgrade) to include the EHP4 packages from the DVDs or create the required XML files without downloading EHP4 using Solution Manager ?

I do have Solution Manager installed and tried to download EHP4 although i don't understand why SAP sent EHP4 DVD when you cannot use them. Unfortunately MOPZ only offers EHP3 and related stacks; no EHP4. Haven't found anything so far where the problem is. Maybe because Solution Manager isn't at latest level but a fresh 7.0 installation (no EHP1). Do i need to upgrade SolMan to EHP1 in order to be able to download EHP4 for ERP 6.0 upgrade ?

It's very confusing having a DVD Set sent by SAP for ERP 6.0 EHP4 which can't be used.

Thanks !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Is there any way to force the installer (upgrade) to include the EHP4 packages from the DVDs or create the required XML files without downloading EHP4 using Solution Manager ?

No, unfortunately EHP4 upgrade is not a convenient one-stop shopping during upgrade as it also cannot be a direct fresh installation, that you have to stop by and use EHPI to upgrade it unless it's 32bit which gives one option to upgrade by SPAM/JSPM.

> Do i need to upgrade SolMan to EHP1 in order to be able to download EHP4 for ERP 6.0 upgrade ?

I'm not 100% sure, but for this kind of issues most likely that there's sth incorrect in SMSY logical component definition, for instance, you should use ERP 6.0 --> ECC server instead of ECC 6.0. A lot of enhanced functionality for ChaRM and solution monitoring are provided in SolMan 701, some new bugs as well.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,

don't get what you mean by "logical component ERP 6.0 -> ECC server" in SMSY as the only system i've defined so far is SAP R/3 4.6C. This should be upgraded to ERP 6.0 EHP4.

Now, MOPZ offers product version "SAP ENH PACK 3 for SAP ERP 6.0" and stack "SAP ERP EHP 3 SP Stack 03". But there's a second product available which is "01200615320900003195" which offers stack "SAP ERP EHP4 on NW7.01- SP Stack 01". This seems to be exactly what i want except that i don't know what product "01200615320900003195" really is.

Well, on the other hand i'm not sure if this really is the latest stack available for EHP4 ERP 6.0 on NW7.01 as i read somewhere you should at least install stack 02.

Whatever, we are going to upgrade to Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 and try again to see what MOPZ offers after the upgrade.

Regards

Wolfgang