cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Debugger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My Dev client is150 and Testing Client is 160.

Using my user id I enter into Dev client(150) & make the necessary changes.

Now in portal I am testing with test user id(eg-tst_usr01).

As my id & test user id is diffent that is why whenever I am putting debug-point in 160 and testing in portal it is not entering into the de-bugging mode that is why I put external debuger in the client 150 by writting the following code-------

If sy-uname = 'tst_usr01'.

BREAK-POINT.

Endif.

Now when I am going to execute it from portal end(in client 160) I am unable to enter into the debugger.

Please help me out how to put external debugger

Regards,

Anindita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Suppose u login to SAP with user id X and into portal with user id Y. Now go to se80 transaction, Under menu navigate to

utilities>settings>ABAP editor tab-->Debugging tab -->Under the field Users enter the portal user id (Y), click ok.

Now when u will run the application from portal with id Y, and u are in SAP with ID X, it will stop on the breakpoint.

Regard

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can change the username that external breakpoints get triggered for. You will need to ensure that the user id that you are trying to debug with is authorised to do this - fortunately when you try and set external breakpoints for another user the system will tell you if this is the case or not. (whereas hardcoding a breakpoint won't).

There was another thread just a few days ago about this very same point. Have a quick search...

Cheers,

Chris