cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplex Printing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need some help with Duplex printing in SAP. We can export the reports in Excel and it prints fine but for some reason this does not work inside SAP. I have gone throught SPAD and changed the Output Attributes to Print Mode Duplex but this did not help. Is there something I'm missing?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stephanie,

The duplex setting in the output attributes tab in SPAD does not work for device type HPLJ4. Change the device type to PCL device type HPLJ4000. After this the duplex should work from SAP. The duplex and tray selection settings only work for device types that use the new list driver.(see SAP note 143375)

Regards,

Aidan

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member

Nevemind I found the print control to select the reverse page for printing.

Thanks again for your help

Edited by: Stephanie Wooley on May 20, 2010 9:46 PM

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stephanie, don't forget to thank people as explained in the forum rules. Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My apologizes I was so excited it worked I forgot to give credit to where it's do. I have awarded the points earned to Adrian.

Thanks eveyone

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are a genious Aidan thanks so much for your help. Once more quesiton for you. How do I change the page format to flip the second page. It prints great but the backside is upside down.

Thanks again!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just noticed the Device Type in SAP is listed as HPLJ4: HP Laserjest 4 series PCL_5. Our pinter is an Xerox WorkCenter 255 PS but this is not listed in SAP. Can I somehow update SAP to relfect the Xerox?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That printer supports PCL (HP) and Postscript. This is something BASIS would usually do (changing the device type in SPAD).

Xerox has specific SAP device types that you can download from their site.

Also, some people print from SAP using the LOCL device. The associated device type (usually SAPWIN) supports duplexing. If your PC is set to use the Xerox printer, you may be able to print directly to the local device (usually LOCL).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. When I pulled up the list of print controls my device type was listed. I added the Print control SPMDU and it still does not work. Would you happen to know if I need to add a Control Character Sequence for this and if so where I might find this info?

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May i know what you are trying to print?

Regards,

Ranilo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm just trying to print an ABAP list.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the correct device type assigned to the printer? Only certain device types have the required print controls.

The print controls for duplex are SPMSI, SPMDU, SPMTU, SPMFS, SPMBS.

Go to transaction SPAD. Select EXTENDED ADMIN. Go to the DEVICE TYPES tab. In the PRINT CONTROL field, enter SPMDU. Choose DISPLAY. Use the WHERE USED icon on the top of the screen. These are the valid device types that allow duplex printing.

There are other ways around this. SAPscript allows duplexing withing the layout set control. Some clients add the required print controls to existing device types. Some copy standard to Z types and add them.