cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Issue on NW 7.1 J2EE System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are facing issues on NW 7.1 J2EE system and the java garbage collection is running for a very long time.

Can anyone provide some OSS Notes, Help URL and configtool parameters to resolve this issue with NW 7.1.

Thanks,

Imran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member311580
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Imra,

See note 1248926.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Rafael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

From OSS# 1248926, I need to know

1- What are zero templates

2- By applying zero templates, does it mean that in PI/ MI 7.1 on Netweaver 7.11, then all the tuning parameters in configtool get automatically updated? ( i.e. I do not have to manually change the recommended tuning parameters in config tool)?

Thanks,

Imran

former_member432219
Active Participant
0 Kudos

First look in the std_server<n>.out file in the usr/sap/<SID>/<inst>/work and look at the GC times. In 7.1 if there are excessively long GC runtimes there is a message like " Suspiciously long running GC" and lots of useful information about the collection is dumped to the file.

One possible cause of long GC times is paging. Java does not like paging, so look at the number of Page Faults that occurred during the collection, if it is high then it suggests paging is occurring and you need to add physical memory to the machine

If the CPU time is high then it is possible you have a CPU bottleneck

If it is not the case that you have long running GCs, but very frequent GCs then it is likely that you have a memory problem in the heap or permanent generation and you need to investigate this as outlined in note 1289240

If you have trouble analyzing the issue, open a message with SAP support and they will help analyze the garbage collection output for you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Patrick.

The issue has been resolved, after I configured the following JVM Properties

-XX:+HeapDumpOnCtrlBreak

-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError

-XX:+PrintGCDetails

-verbose:gc

Thanks,

Imran

Answers (0)