cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Workflow 10000015 Approve request for changing address thru Portal ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We want to implement ESS workflow 01000015 u201Cchange (infotype 0006) Address will be blocking until approved/rejected by Administratoru201D. The workflow is trigger OK from R3, user creates a new address and IT0006 is blocking till administrator approve or reject.

What we want now is to trigger this workflow from Portal, but here is the problem:

1.- I do not see any option (button) for creating a new address from Portal iView, what else is missing??? I believe creating new address from Portal could trigger this workflow, but I am not sureu2026

2.- If the first option does not work I would like to trigger this workflow by the event u201CChangeu201D, so I need to edit the address. From R3 is blocking IT0006 OK, but from portal is not blocking the address at allu2026 What else is missing??? I do not know if this could be an issue from R3 or Portalu2026.

We already check u201CNote 495971 - Workflow 01000015 is not triggered when changing addressu201D and workflow is working ok only from R3.

Regardsu2026..

David Cortes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I'm new to ESS/MSS (from the portal perspective) and we're currently in a design phase for our client for ESS/MSS. I saw your question and I'm very interested to know how exactly a workflow should get triggered from the portal side for any ess/mss service. My client wants a workflow to get triggered when the marital status is changed in the personal details. Is it possible for you to explain what exactly has to be done on the portal side for me to achieve this? I don't have a clue as to what needs to be done on the backend, but atleast from the portal I need to know. Would be greatful if you could share some light on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Vaishnavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaish,

From my opinion I think you need first to identify the needs from the business client side. Business Packages like ESS and MSS give solutions from the HR perspective, Employees are not longer depending from HR area as they are able to mantain their vacation, absenteeism, address and so on... in order words personal data, working time, travel and expenses etc. With this solution, now ESS/MSS offers a "new technology" front end; based on Web Dynpro which is more flexible and better business solution (technology side). With this solution there are new Standard Workflow for some of Infotype that may need approval from Managers. For example, if an employee wants to change his/her address the workflow should be trigger from ESS, while he/she is changing his/her address. The manager (who is going to approve or reject the new address) receive the new task in the universal worklist (Everything from Portal of course). When manager clicks on the new task, he will see the new address locked, if he approves, the address is changing (also in PA30 infotype 6), if rejects the new register is clean. Notification (E mail) may be configured in any steps.

There is no standard solution if you want to display material status for ESS/MSS. But it does not mean that you can not create the new functionality. I will suggest: first define what status should be displaying for users, for instance: status from the actual stock?? status that may indicate if the product is going to be out of the stock, or disponibility.... For that case, I believe you need only a Query from BI/BW and show managers indicators and stock report, BI solution suits you better than create a new development.

Hope this help...

Regards

David Cortes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Problem Solved.... We design the workflow and the block register is done by function called (not standard).

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI David,

I have a similar requirment to do. Can you please suggest me how to block the address in portal until it is approved/rejected by supervisor. And where exactly we need to trigger the workflow. Do we need to develop any customer business object and event for this.

Thanks for you help.

BR

Swamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swamy,

I am not an expert of workflow but this is the way we do it.

I will recommend you try first to block the new register in R3.We did it by a function called "hr_infotype_operation". This will create a new register blocked for approve/reject. This function also can unblock the register; if reject the register will be erase, if approve the new register is saved.

As a new register (blocked) is generated in the infotype (For example Infotype 6 Address) the system also creates a new "event" (CHANGE). You can see this new event at "Display Event Trace Tcode swel". This event will be our trigger using the "Event Queue Administration Tcode sweqadm".

This Business object and Event are standard, so you do not need to create a new ones.

For triggering this in portal is very simple as any change you have done thru WebDynpro iViews will generate also this "event" in backend. For instance, if we change Address from portal or R3, the event generated in backend will be called "CHANGE"...

Object Type: ADDREMPUS

Event: CHANGED

Current Date: 18.08.2010

Time: 12:59:44

Name of Receiver Type: WS91000030

Info:

Handler/Action: Event put in queue SWW_WI_CREATE_VIA_EVENT_IBF

WS91000030 will be the workflow triggered.

Hope this help

Regards

David Cortes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I struck up at the same problem. Where to call the fm "hr_infotype_operation" to block the data. Is this in the workflow first step or in some other tcode. Do you mean Lock/Unlock for block/Unblock the data. The event "Changed" will trigger after the data is saved right. If we trigger the workflow in this event by the data we block the data, it wll be already saved in the infotype right.

Please clarify and help me.

Thanks

Swamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please help me with the required steps. This is very critical for me.

Thanks

Swamy

Edited by: Swamy M on Sep 27, 2010 6:53 PM

Edited by: Swamy M on Sep 27, 2010 6:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swamy,

Sorry for the late answer..... First you have to lock the data in the workflow. When the event "Changed" is set the workflow must be trigger locking the new data. This data (PA30 Infotype 6) will generate a new register blocked which will be approved by another person B. When this person B accept the new address the new register will be unblocked and replace the last one. The problem we faced in the begining is how to block this new register thru Portal. The problem solved with the calling of call fm "hr_infotype_operation". This class will be called in the workflow. Please if you may have any further question do not hesitate and let me know.

Regards

David Corté

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have to do develop the approval functioanlity for both Personal details change and Permanent address change.

For permanent address in the portal 2 buttons are available

1. Edit 2. New Permanent address

Edit - Will change the record irrespective of dates. This will modify the current record which is valid as of today.

New Permanent address - This will create a new record effective today and previous record will be delimited.

If I use lock functionality in Edit scenario, then in the portal it will dispaly previous record which is not the correct data.

For 2nd case, this will insert the new record, so Lock may work in this case. I will check this.

Do you have any idea how to achieve this for Personal details where the Lock/Unlock functionality is not available.

The functionality from the portal works similar to Permanent address change.

Currently I'm using SWEHR3 functionality and triggering the workflow using a custom FM, but the blocking is not working...

Please suggest me if you have any information on this.

Thanks

Swamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swamy,

I am a little confused of you requirement. The scenario here is that Person A (Any person using ESS) must not change any of his/her own personal data until Person B Approve/Reject the new Data. For example: if a user A want to change his/her address, personal data etc. must be approve or reject for another person B. This is a validation that most of the companies want to have in order to validate this information. Employees may change their personal data, but how HR area validates if this new information is real or not... One way to verify this new information is a validation for a Person B who will be to approve or reject this information. Now if you do not have this scenario I believe you will not have to do this implementation class because ESS do not have this scenario. The standard ESS functionality is available for change any data without validation and this should be working right now on your Enterprise Portal.

If you want to have a validation for a third User, Person B, you may check these points:

1. Edit 2. New Permanent address

Edit - Will change the record irrespective of dates. This will modify the current record which is valid as of today.

New Permanent address - This will create a new record effective today and previous record will be delimited.

If I use lock functionality in Edit scenario, then in the portal it will dispaly previous record which is not the correct data.

For 2nd case, this will insert the new record, so Lock may work in this case. I will check this.

I believe you will work most of the time with "Edit" button. If Person A edit address, the new register will be created and locked in PA30 Infotype 6 until person B Approve/Reject. How Person B knows if someone has edit his/her address?? You may achieve this using Universal Work List and notification. You may have to create a task for person B with email notification, so person B will be enter into Portal and check his/her new task from the UWL. This task will be ITS UI front end and from here person B decide if approve or reject. If Person B approve, the new register will be unlocked and replace the last one (Also in Portal). If person B reject, the register blocked will be gone and the last one remains. This should work for any infotype . Check only the type of event generated for any of them in order to trigger the workflow.

Do you have any idea how to achieve this for Personal details where the Lock/Unlock functionality is not available.

Standard ESS works without any lock/unlock functionality. remove the current workflow if you have used any.

Regards

David Corté

gunawan_liauw
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I'm new to workflow and ess portal.

I have a requirement in portal ESS, if employee add/edit infotype 0002,0006,0009,0021, and 0022, it needs approval process from HR Admin employee. HR Admin can approve / reject. And for each step (submit,approve,reject,cancel,resubmit), there is notification email to the employee and HR Admin.

Can I use portal ESS standard Personnel Data (add/edit) to achieve that requirement? or should I create custom webdynpro application? Should I use workflow? or can I just use custom logic for its approval process?

Is there any exit in ESS standard so that I can insert my custom logic?

In your case,

Is the blocking of the changes data only possible in infotype 0006? since they are already provided in standard workflow?

Is the blocking also possible in infotype 0002,0009,0021,0022? If possible, how can i achieve it?

How we can use fm hr_infotype_operation for creating new register blocked for approve/reject?

Can we get the list of all register? (for approval list to the approver)

Is the approve request in can also be implemented portal ESS standard application for infotype 0002,0009,0021, and 0022?

Thank you

Regards,

GL.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Currently there is no WF triggered when changing an address from ESS, althiugh you can use processes and forms

to trigger one

In your scenario you would need a modification to the FM and iview to trigger one!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Thank you very much for your helpful answer..... Do you think you can give more information about the modification I need to do for the FM and iView for triggering WF from Portal..... ????

Regards

David Cortes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have been searching information about my problem and I found out that problem comes from authorization.... The workflow should be trigger when address has changed and the infotype is been locked. From R3 when any user "A" changes his/her address IT0006 blocked until other user "B" approve or reject Double Verification Principle (using S,E,D). Now this part is working OK from R3 but is not from ESS Portal. From EP is giving me an error : "! You have no authorization to Insert!" .... If I change the authorization level for "W" is not working at all..... How Can I fix this problem???

Any help will be rewarded..... Regards

David Cortes