cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain style for table area in Smartform

former_member1259992
Participant
0 Kudos

I am working on a smartform which has a Style assigned to the Main Area of a Table in the main window under "Output Options".

The specified Style is incorrect, but the field cannot be maintained to change it - the value is display only.

Does anybody know how to unlock this field for maintenance?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you would like to give your smart style to line items coming in Main Area, so pls double click on table line (In that main area), Give here your style.

You can not give any style to Main area or header or footer. But same you can achive on its line type.

Main area -> Line type -> Out put options .

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member1259992
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Lokesh

I appreciate your response, but my problem is that a style has somehow been assigned to the main area and I need to remove it. Your answer seems to confirm what I suspect, which is that this is not going to be possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Implement OSS Note 945458 .

When I was searching a SAP note related to your problem , I got one..

Long Text
Symptom
With the output of a Smart Form the style does not perform, that is defined to a table
in the header, base or body area.
Other terms
Style, header, headers, Footer, table
Reason and Prerequisites
The functionality is not in the design provided.
Solution
Deactivation of the style entry on header, base and body level of a table. Instead of
this you can assign to the table, to table entry, to table cell or to a text node a
style.
Import the correction about Note Assistant or the corresponding Support Package.

Please check OSS Note 945458 .. Almost what you need.. I think after implementing this you can resolve the problem.

If it is not resolving then search other note with smart style in table node

Edited by: Lokesh Tarey on May 20, 2010 9:34 AM

former_member1259992
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Again Lokesh

Our system already has that note implemented, which is what actually seems to be causing the problem.

It looks like somebody had put a style in the table area definition, and then implemented the note, which means that the style field can no longer be updated, but contains an invalid entry.

I'll have to find another way round the problem.

I'll leave the thread open for a little longer in case someone else has a suggestion.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by: Robin Wix on May 20, 2010 11:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Are you working on QA system or Development system ??. If you are working in QA system you cannot maintain style for table area. You need to make changes in DEv system and re transport it to QA and test in QA.

Hope this will help.

Cheers,

Dep

former_member1259992
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion Dep, I am in a DEV system.

Further research has shown that the field in question just cannot be maintained in this release.

I have solved the problem by downloading ot an xml file, removing the style command from that, and uploading back into Smartforms.

Cheers

Robin