cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

post code in delivery address when creating PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

when creating PO, the post code field under delivery address tab is a required field. while some of our delivery address do not has post code. it seems a mandatory filed.

How could I change it to a optional field.

Thanks,

Linda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

saif_sabri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Once defined, the credit control area needs to be assigned to the required sales areas

and company codes. This way, you maintain a link between Credit Management,

FI-A/R, and the SD application so you can monitor, evaluate, and control the credit

transactions taking place in the assigned company codes and sales areas.

You assign a company code to a credit control area by using transaction code OBY6

or by following menu path IMG ➢ Enterprise Structure ➢ Assignment ➢ Financial

Accounting ➢ Assign Company Code To Credit Control Area. Always remember

that a credit control area can have multiple company codes, but a company code can

be assigned to only one default credit control area. The customization screen for assigning

company codes to a credit control area. The assignment is very simple. The company code

data is already populated on the customization screen. You just need to maintain the

corresponding credit control area in the CCAr field for all the required company codes.

Regards from Pakistan

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ask your ABAPer to assist you on this.

Path to Screen Variant

Choose Basis Components - Application Personalization - Tailoring of Application Transactions - Configure Transaction-Related Display Values for Fields

Screen variants allow you to simplify screen editing by:

• Inserting default values in fields

• Hiding and changing the ready for input status of fields

• Hiding and changing the attributes of table control columns

A screen variant contains field values and attribute for exactly one screen. A screen variant may be assigned to multiple transaction variants, however. Screen variants are always cross-client; they may, however, be assigned to a client-specific transaction. They can also be called at runtime by a program. The different possibilities for calling screen variants guarantee great flexibility of use. A specific namespace has been designated for screen variants and they are automatically attached to the Change and Transport System.

Check following lInk:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/TransactionVariant-AStepbyStepGuidefor+Creation

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can just make the postal code of vendor master to be an optional entry. Ask ur FI consultant to do it for the vendor account group that you are using.

Otherwise, you may do it by-

SPRO-FI Accounting- AR n AP-Vendor Accounts-Mater Data-Preparations for creating vendor master dat- define acct groups with screen layout (vendors)

Then edit the field status and make this field optional from 'required entry' for the vendor account group that you are using.

If above solution doesnt work, change the feld status for PO at document level in purchasing-purchase order-define screen layout at document level- ME21- make 'vendor address' otional in Reference data, header option.

You can repeat the step for ME22 and ME21n/ME22n also.

-Prashant

Edited by: prashant m on May 20, 2010 12:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that field is coming from vendor master .

You an go to SHD0 and change the transaction variant .

Regards,

Krishna O