cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging a Web Dynpro Application (e-recruitment)

Shane_LaBonte
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an error in SLG1 coming from web dynpro application ERC_A_DEL_EXT_CAND

I am not sure how to debug this issue. Where do I put the breakpoint to get the debugger to launch?

Thanks in advance.

Shane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mmmmm don't forget transaction SRDEBUG also. Helps set external bp's across all app servers

cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to the above replies, you need to put 'External breakpoint'. The session break point will not trigger the debugging.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

what is the error you are getting in SLG1. Normally the slg1 error will tell you the program and exact line where the error is coming from. If you put the error message maybe we can help you. Also through the error you can at least identify the class and method where the error is coming from and get an idea of where to put the breakpoint.

Regards,

Shane_LaBonte
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the error:

The error occurred in program CL_HRRCF_SEARCH_MASK_GROUP====CM003 line 19

Customizing table T77RCF_SMG_ASM contains no corresponding entry for GROUP_ID=0021

The error occurred in program CL_HRRCF_SM_CUST_TABS=========CM006 line 20

The issue is, I have no entries in table T77RCF_SMG_ASM for GROUP_ID=21

Any thoughts?

Shane

Shane_LaBonte
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Problem resolved by adding search template 6 (full text search) to search template group 0021. Search template group 21 was delivered empty by SAP. Any idea why this is the case? Should I be adding any other search templates to search template group 21?

Thanks

Shane

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems you are getting a run time error. in this case, go to ST22 and select your error. Go to the option "source code extract" available on the left. click on the line hilighted by >>>>>>>>>> . it will take you to the place where error is occuring in abap editor.

put a break point there or before it.

Regards

Vishal Kapoor

Shane_LaBonte
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

The error only appears in SLG1. It is not in ST22.

Any other ideas?

Shane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably Runtime analysis may be helpful for you to trouble shoot the issue (STAD/STA).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this way. Log on to portal and open your e-rec application. go to the point where u take some actions and error occurs. so once u reach there, go to transaction ST01 . Select the check box for RFC call and uncheck rest of them. switch the trace on. Come back to your portal application and press button or whatever which triggers the error. Now go again to ST01 and switch of the trace. Click on the "analysis" button. It will give you all the RFC function module executed. You can select any of the potential FM which u think not getting the right information.

Regards

Vishal Kapoor