cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM 4.5 - Changing Field Settings / UI in Item Overview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have couple of questions related to UI changes in RPM Item Overview.

1. My requirement is to change field labels for certain fields in a Portfolio Item. For example, I want to change the "Subcategory" field to "Brand". I was able to do this by opening iview item_det_iview (Item Overview) in preview mode and changing the label text (ctrl + right click on field). However, this iview does not apply to the item creation. When I open iview item_creation_iview (Create New Item) I only see initial bucket selection screen and cannot proceed further to get to the other fields. Any ideas on how this can be achieved?

2. I want make the cProjects Template field mandatory, again I am not able to do this from the iview for the reason stated above and I could not do it from IMG since I could not find the field under the option RPM > Global Customizing > Global Field Settings > Define Custom Field Configuration.

Appreciate any help / ideas.

Thanks,

Lashan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lashan,

for 1 - a bit difficult via iView configuration, because you will need to do some debugging to ensure that the iView can retrieve the bucket list

Easiest instead of iView configuration - use CMOD functionality to replace text for data element.

Regards

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thorsten. Do you know if PPM 5.0 allows these types of changes via configuration? That was my understanding from a presentation I had seen on PPM 5.0.

By the way, good to hear from you. Hope all is well with you.

Regards,

Lashan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lashan,

not sure if this particular thing is easier in 5.0 In general the UI has been reimplemented completely and is in ABAP WD only (which makes things easier altogether).

Best regards

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

for your 1st requirement it needs to be changed from backend and not from iview. Please refer this thread wherein I have mentioned about adding the custome field, I hope it will help you by working around it.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion Pramod. I prefer not to add a custom field at this stage (although we may do it eventually for this field).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lashan,

To address your second issue, the field cProject Template can be made mandatory by the UI configuration done

via the Visual Admin.

Please follow the instructions given below and change the property for the field 'cProject Template'

Go to Visual Administrator (Here under the Server node)

->Go to Services ->Configuration Adapter ->'Display Configuration' tab on right hand side->Go to the configuration 'Webdynpro'->Navigate like given below->sap.com ->xappscprxrpmui~portfolioitem ->Components

->com.sap.xapps.cprxrpm.ui.portfolioitem.details.component.ItemDetails->Propertysheet profile

In the Propertysheet profile (scroll down) you will find the property "Mandatory_cProjectsTemplate.value"

change this value to "True" and you will see the field will become mandatory.

Regards,

Santosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Santosh this worked out.