Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EnqServer error when starting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

who meet this issues at below

i installed ECC 6.0 SR3 on windows 2003 64bit.

when i start the instance with ED1ADM user, the Enqueueserver log is as following, would you please help me find out what's the exactly reason, thanks a lot in advance

<<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;<<<<<<<

[Thr 7088] Wed May 19 15:01:49 2010

[Thr 7088] profile E:\usr\sap\ED1\SYS\profile\ED1_SCS01_lablab

[Thr 7088] hostname lablab

[Thr 7088] *** ERROR => ShmDelete: Invalid shared memory Key4. [shmnt.c 719]

[Thr 7088] *** ERROR => ShmCleanup: ShmDelete failed for Key:34. [shmnt.c 793]

[Thr 7088] initialize_global: enqueue server without replication

[Thr 7088] Enqueue: EnqMemStartupAction Utc 74252509

[Thr 7088] Enqueue Info: replication enabled

[Thr 7088] Enqueue Info: enque/replication_dll not set

[Thr 7088] Wed May 19 15:01:51 2010

[Thr 7088] ***LOG GEZ=> Server start [encllog.cpp 493]

>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>

Thanks

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had this same error and I tried a clean using saposcol -d and I got an error that it couldn't attach. I did kill and launch and was able to clean the shared memory, but I still couldn't start the SCS instance. I continued to get "ERROR => ShmDelete: Invalid shared memory Key=34" I was also getting errors that enqueue couldn't open a log file with error 22. I found that the enquelog file was 4 gb. I deleted this file and the SCS instance started without errors. The file was in the work directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can manually cleanup this memory segment with the tool cleanipc. With your adm user, enter: cleanipc 01 (to check) and cleanipc 01 remove (to delete shared memory segments of instance 01).

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

initially you better check permission to the users given and memer given.note 82751 might help you.

After this, you can clean share memory, as you are on Windows you need to re-start the system to

release the memory. if not, re-boot system might resolve yoru issue.

Regards

Nagaraju

0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

The enqueue server tries to delete the enqueue table shared memory (key 34). If the shared memory does not exist the SHM layer writes out that error message even when this is normal for the enqueue server.

Kind regards,

Mercedes