Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting Access in Solution Manager by Business Unit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We are currently in the process of upgrading our Solution Manager to 7.0 EHP 1. Business wants to restrict access in Solution Manager by business unit. Is this possible? Is it possible to create derived roles which restrict on buisness unit without having to custominze? If it is possible which object needs to be maintained? I'm already aware of restricting access by project using S_Project but this still allows users to view other projects. The requirement is that users only view projects for their business unit.

Please advise experts.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I dont see any reason why you cannot acheive your objective in SolMan, You should be able customize views per business under SPRO_ADMIN and derive required view with in PFCG role separated by business.

Yes, You can also do derived roles concept in Solman and restrict by Org Units.

Guys - Do you differ from my opinion?

-AJ

Edited by: AJ on May 19, 2010 3:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donovan

What is the differentiating factors for different business units. Is it company code, plant , Sales organisation or any thing else..

Thanks.

Anjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

No longer applying business unit restriction.