cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recursion in abap proxy class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

I create an abap proxy class via SE80, because we won't use XI. After import a local WSDL file, I generated the proxy class. But my problem is I can't active it. I see there are many errors in warings tab, they are 'Item is part of recursion'. Any one knows how to solve these problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly inspect wsdl and you will find data type which is referring to itself. Such recursion in my knowledge not yet supported. Possible workaround is to download wsdl and modify tags to remove recursive effect (may be create a copy of tag give another name and then refer it as data type).

Regards,

gourav

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Dear David,

Follow the below steps to solve your Issue

1. Select the Warning Tab in Service Consume (SE80)

2. Put filter on Warning = "Item is part of recursion (see long text for additional information) "

3. Navigate to corresponding method by clicking on the "Name" column

4. After Navigate to corresponding method, Check the "Untyped Mapping"

5. Repeat same for remaining  "Item is part of recursion" Warning  message.

6 Save and Activate

Good Luck ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have modified and removed the recursion part of wsdl file manually. Then I regenerated the abap proxy class.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your issue is solved then please mark this question closed so that others can benefits from it.

Regards,

gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked the wsdl, it really have recursion sturcture. However, the webservice provider is not possible to change the wsdl, so is there any thing can do on SAP side? I see the message said 'To be able to activate the proxy you have to "break" the recursion by mapping at least on chain of each recursion to XSDANY', is this working? And how to do it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Service provider need not to change wsdl, it is you who should download wsdl on loca drive, modify it by changing recursive field as mention in my previous post and then use this local wsdl to create proxy. It should work.

meanwhile please post recursive structure of wsdl here.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuanhejun ,

Even Iam facing the similar problem with recursion in WSDL. Please let us know if you made to any solution for this issue.

Thanks,

Ravi.