cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer or Material Master data changes have to be authorised

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any changes or even the creation of Customer or material master data has to be authorised or approved then only it should be made valid data. Please advice what is the easiest approach for getting this done? Will I have to make use of Workflow or Bapi etc?? Please suggest as the timelines are quite tight here.

Thanks for your great advice in advance!!

regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srihari

I would suggest the following:

Option 1:

Creation:

On creation ensure that Customer Master defaults with Order Block for all sales areas and let only authorized persons from Central Data Team to review and remove the block.

Same thing for materials. Let materials be created with default X-plant matl status (Basic Data) like 'Inactive' or 'Preliminary' and let authorized persons to change the status filed.

You can use SAP workflow /Task list to alert the Data Management Team on creation of new objects.

Changes: Provide change authorization to select business users based on their organizational responsibilities: Sales areas/Company codes etc. Or you may use blocking/ status resetting as in the case of creation.

Option 2: Centralize creation/changes to Central Data Team only and use non- SAP workflow for Business folks to request for new customers/materials and or for changes.

Options 3: Restrict creation/changes to select users with authorizations.

I ahve seen the first 2 in use with some clients. Hope this helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can activate and configure Engineering Change management.

Or restrict the authorization at user level in SU01

Regards,

Krishna O