cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch management - Not sure why my Batch shows as split and assign to Mater

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Whenever I am trying to create a delivery I see the material (in the Item 001) assigned with a batch and shows as a split item and shows as second line item (90001). Hoever there is enough of batchstock and it's even not allocating multiple batches as well. It is displaying single batch only but with second line item(split +).

Please advice on what is mising or what needs to be done!!

Thanks & regards!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srihari

This is standard behavior in Batch Management, the 'Batch' sub item- fictitious one- always shows up as sub item with 9000X series. So if entire item quantity can be supplied from a single batch, it will show one sub item and if it is 2 batches, you will see 2 sub items and so on. So at the minimum you will see 2- the real and the batch split item. It is just way of representation, the bath # is always seen in the sub item and so even though an item is made up from one batch, you will see the batch split.

Hope this helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

This is the Standard SAP functionality in Batch split process in the delivery. Actually this batch allocation will be depend up on the strategy you configured in the system . It will be FIFO or LIFO.

Eventhough if you want to change the batch in the delivery always SAP has given the provision to modify the batch.

Delete the batch line item and select the item. Click on Batch Split and click on Batch determination Tab. If you doesn't find the batches from the Menu Batch determination the click on W/O clsass selection.

Then system will show the batches available for the material and Qty also. Based on that enter the Qty againest the Batch u want to select then click on Copy icon.

Then click on Back icon and the batch will be copied with the Qty.

I hope it will clear.

Regards,

SK