cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Lines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to understand the schedule lines that automatically created by the system. I searched for the schedule line types in IMG and found that it has relation with 601 movement and Req/Assembly field is checked. What it means ?

And when it creates a new schedule line ? Could you please tell me step by step?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay. So if two schedule lines are created because of stock not available for an availability check. I assume I can not turn off the check if I need the check for distribution/PP. I also need it to ignore forward scheduling the production order and we do not want to turn on in configuration to allow scheduling in past dates.

How can I over-ride in configuration that only 1 schedule line creates in the sales order? We have a scenario where we offer the the customer product by a given date (premium order). They pay $ for 5 day delivery (that is built of MTO item and ship).

I noticed in the requirements class configuration there is a field reduction indicator, can that help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

system gives the second delivery date if the backward scheduling is not satisfied,

for example :

Requested delivery date (Sales --> Requested delivery date) in sales order = todays date

Material Available Date - Today (stock available)

transit time- 1 day

loading time- 1 day

pick/pack time- 1 day

so the material will be ready for delivery only after 3 days, so the requested deliverydate in not posible , so forward scheduling will happen.

Material Available Date - Today (stock available)

transit time- 1 day

loading time- 1 day

pick/pack time- 1 day

the system will give the delivery date after 3 days as per the above example

please check the below link for more clarification.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/dd/5607e7545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

Regards

Senya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna O,

I want to describe my problem. I have created a sales order. It's required delivery date is 19.05.2010 and pricing date is 19.05.2010. When i add an item with 4 quantity it assigns two schedule lines. These are

Delivery Date order quant. rounded quant. confirmed quant. deli. quant.

19.05.2010 4 4 0

20.05.2010 0 0 4

I can not understand why it creates 2 schedule lines as above ?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

the requiered stock is ready to delivery on 20.05.2010 .

May be the stock is available today but based on the shipping point settings, mnaterial master settings, the stock will be available to deliver tomorrow.

Please check your shipping point defintiion for loading times......etc.

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It means that stock is only available on 20.05.2010 as per the availability check .

The reason why two schedule line is generated because as per your AC settings stock will be only available on next day.

thats why two schedule line are generated: one iwth 0 confirm quantity on 19th and other with confirm quantity on 20th.

If stock has been available as per AC than system would have generated on ly one schedule line.

Regards,

Krishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When u create line items in Sales order & put requested delivery date & Qty, the system does avaliability check (if active in configuration). Depending on when the Qty is available it confirms schedule lines.

Also remember that calendar is taken into account, if u give requested delivery date on a holiday, the system will confirm on next day.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes thanks you all,

And the 601 relation? It means that will it check 601 movement at the schedule date and quantity ? If the system can not found 601 movement for the schedule date and quantity than it creates a new schedule line?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Movement type is assigned to schedule lines in IMG.

So that basd on movement type the schedule line behaves .For ex for SD out ward movement movement type is 601and 602 for returns, 641 for Trasnfer in Stock in trns etc.

REgards,

Krishna O

Edited by: Krishna O on May 19, 2010 3:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through this !!!!1

Schedule Line Categories

The schedule line category controls whether schedule lines in delivery schedules are relevant for planning and/or delivery. The system determines this category on the basis of the planning indicator in the forecast delivery schedule, then in the just-in-time (JIT) delivery schedule.

To configure schedule line categories for scheduling agreements, choose Sales ® Sales Documents ® Schedule lines ® Define or Assign schedule line categories in Customizing for Sales and Distribution.

For scheduling agreements with delivery schedules, you must assign at least four schedule line categories to combinations of item category and requirement planning type:

* The basic schedule line category (field SchLC) is relevant for planning and delivery

* The alternative schedule line category (field 1 MSLCa) is relevant for planning, not delivery

* The alternative schedule line category (field 2 MSLCa) is relevant for delivery, but not planning

* The alternative schedule line category (field 3 MSLCa) is not relevant for planning or delivery

When you have made these assignments, all possible combinations are covered during automatic determination. If any are missing, the system will not be able find the appropriate schedule line category and will generate an error message.

The R/3 System contains the following schedule line categories for component suppliers:

* L1, BN, L2, and CN for item category LZN

* E4, E0, E5, and BN for item category LKN

* L2 for item category LZMA (standard for delivery order processing)

Although the availability check is switched off in the standard system for these categories, the system may carry out a transfer of requirements for some of them. Even when the availability check is switched off, you must use an availability check group for all materials in scheduling agreements with delivery schedules. Otherwise, the system will not transfer requirements.

If the availability check is switched on and the transfer of requirements switched off for a schedule line type, the system will not take it into account!

Hope this will give you better idea.

REgards,

KRishna O

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly refer following link and search in SD SAP SDN wiki.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/dd/55fb20545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

Thanks & Regards

JP