cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collaboration not created for bidder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Currently we are building competitive bidding scenario with cfolders and SRM.

The cfolders CPRXRPM 450_700 (package SAPK-45008INCPRXRPM) has been installed on the SRM server 7 package level (SAPKIBKV05).

Problem statement:

The Bidder is unable to create collaboration folder and following error is displayed on the screen.

u201CError creating collaboration; check user authorizationu201D.

Bidder has following SRM roles in SRM system:

Bidder Role: /SAPSRM/BIDDER

Cfolder User Role: SAP_CFX_USER and

Create Collaborations in the Competitive scenario Role: SAP_CFX_COMP_CREATOR

Am I missing some authorisation here?

I did manage to find OSS note 1375761, however we are at the OSS Note service pack level.

The buyer has created the bid invitation with Cfolder, he has given NONE authorisation to Bidder 1 and Bidder 2 to the Public folder.

The expectation is when the private work area is created by the bidder 1 (which is not happening at the moment due to the above error) while creating bid invitation, the content of the public area will be copied to the bidder 1 work area with restrcted authorisation to other bidders, so that bidder 2 will not be able to see bidder 1 work area. Similarly bidder 1 will not be able to see bidder 2 work area.

Is this the right process to configure the competitive business scenario? Please advice!!

I also tried creating 2 manual private work areas for each bidder and then assign the bidder user ID with admin roles respectively. Still we are getting the above error and bidder is unable to create the bid response.

Is it a bug in the system? or am I missing authorisation step?

Please advice!!

Regards,

Sandeep Parab

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding to above scenario, if bidder has sap_all then system automatically creates the collaboration folder while creating bid response.

Sandeep

ashwin_mundkur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

When you create a collaboration, you should also check the RFC user that tries to access the collaboration system. The RFC-USERS between both systems should also have the same user-id with the roles SAP_CFX_USER and SAP_CFX_COMP_CREATOR. Can set a breakpoint at BCFOLDER20_COL_CREATE in SRM and check the exact error returned from Cfolders(ls_cfx_fault, lv_cfx_faultstring)?

thanks,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashwin,

The RFC user has SAP_CFX_USER, SAP_CFX_COMP_CREATOR and SAP_ALL authorisation.

Let me try with the breakpoint to program LBBP_BD_DRIVER_CFOLDER_20U01 - BCFOLDER20_COL_CREATE.

is this a right approach for competitive bidding scenario?

Regards,

Sandeep Parab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashwin,

Unfortunately the program BCFOLDER20_COL_CREATE is not stopping at the breakpoint.

I did investigate further with cfolder authorization.

If I give the bidder the administrator rights to the public area then the system automatically creates the private area while creating bid invitation. By doing this the system automatically give access to other bidders private area, which we do not want.

I really would like to understand how to control the folder administration role such that the system creates the private area while creating bid invitation also at the same time the bidders are not able to access each others private area?

Is it possible with standard competitive functionality or we need to do enhancement to control the authorization?

This is a very common scenario, I am sure someone might have archived this before. Kindly advice!!

Regards,

Sandeep

ashwin_mundkur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Can you set breakpoint at BBP_CFOLDER_UI_FCODE_PROCESS. This is the entry FM for any action in CFolders.

Regards,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashwin,

I will try once again with the FM.

I further investigated and found that if I give admin rights to the bidder in cfolder then the system creates the private collaboration folder for bidder. But it also allows him to view other bidderu2019s private area which we would like to restrict.

Just a quick question, is it not a standard SAP behavior in competitive scenario where bidders should not be able to view each other private area?

Regards,

Sandeep