cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is this possible with SAP APO PP/DS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Capacity Requirement Planning check at the time of MRP: e.g. Optimal loading of work centers / Capacity Planning (Multiple Location/Companies) -Here they have three plants.For example: I have one product produced at three locaton. demand is at A location.Suppose demand is not met by a location A (capacity check) Then it has move location B.If location B has not met capacity to produce then the demand will move to location C.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Sunil Patil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

PPDS cannot do cross Plant planning.

SNP-CTM will be the best bet, it does consider capacity constraints and can move plan from one Plant to another.

Thanks,

Pavan Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe it so.

Cost is not the constraint here only capcity is constraint here.

But is it possible to do cross plant capacit planning though pp/ds?

Regards,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cross Plant finite capacity planning is certainly possible through SNP optimizer, the costs menthoned in these can be notional, or relative and need not be absolute. Therefore, even if costs may not be relevant in your situation, maintianing these should not be an difficult one. That means while inputting costs, you need to see that the preferred location should have lesser costs.

About PPDS optimization, I thought it did optimization within a plant /location, only .

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

In PPDS Optimiser, if there is shortage in capacity, it tries to place into

the location where capacity is available based on the costs that we

set up in system.

Based on your current scenario, it looks you are looking for finite

kind of planning where capacity is a constraint. In such case, you

can try with Optimiser, which optimises your constraint and

fulfills demand accordingly

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

does PPDS optimizer plan cross plant ? I thought u would do this part in SNP optimizer and use this result in PPDS. Please confirm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

GS,

I think you are right. PPDS Optimizer does not plan cross-plant, or so I believe. I think the right way would be to plan using SNP optimizer followed by sequence optimization (If required) in PPDS.

Honestly, it depends on the kind of business. A rough cut plan taking into account the bottleneck resources, planned via SNP optimizer, followed by a detailed PPDS plan should do the trick.

Abhi