cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: "Not possible to determine shipping data for material" in STO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I have maintained the shipping point determination properly, still I get above error while creating ME21N.

What could be the possible reason?

Regards

Trupti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the shipping Data is not getting determined for the material then kindly check whether the Loading Group is maintained for that Sales Org & Dist Channel.

If it is maintained then check the respective Sales Org & Dist Channel of this Material for which this Customer ( as plant) is maintained in IMG as it should be same.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On top of the Shipping Determination configuration done, pls check the following: -

1. Go to path IMG --> MM --> Purchasing --> Purchase Order --> Set up Stock Transport Order --> Define Shipping Data for Plant --> Assign a Customer no.-Plant for the respective Plant. This number is created in Sales Customer Master.

2. Go to path IMG --> MM --> Purchasing --> Purchase Order --> Set up Stock Transport Order --> Assign Delivery Type and Checking Rule --> Make sure your PO Type is assigned to relevant Delivery Type.

This should fix the problem.

Thanks.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello I checked both,

Customer is maintained in stock transport order.

Though there was no entry in the " Assign Delivery type and Checking Rule"

I have maintained this entry as well, still same error...

Trupti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Along with Cutomer no. assignment to plant. Have you maintain the SAles Area in the shipping data for plants in IMG.

REgards,

Krishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Along with Cutomer no. assignment to plant. Have you maintain the SAles Area in the shipping data for plants in IMG.

REgards,

Krishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Sales are of the Internal customer for receiving plant was different from the sales area of the Supplying plant.

I extended customer to the supplying plant sales area, and error is resolved.

Thanks

Trupti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trupti,

If the problem is resolved .Please mark the thread as answered and close it .

You can give your feed back .

REgards,

Krishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

I have marked the question as ANSWERED an also rewarded the points.

Thanks for the help

Trupti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The possible Reason for this error is .

Have you assigned the customer number in the shipping data for plants .

Check the material is extended for both plants and sales org /DC

In customer master check shipping condition is maintain in sales area tab or not.

Material master should have loading group defined which is used for shipping point determination.

REgards,

Krishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Have you assigned the customer number in the shipping data for plants .--> Yes i have maintained a customer

Check the material is extended for both plants and sales org /DC --> Checked, Material is maintained for 1300 /30

In customer master check shipping condition is maintain in sales area tab or not. --> checked , shipping condition 01

Material master should have loading group defined which is used for shipping point determination.--> Checked, Loading group 0001

Still same error...

Trupti

User0121
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Please check if you enter Issuing storage location while creating a STO