cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP offline and online mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where manual entry data will be captured via an MII frontend and then upload this data to SAP.

he manual entry screens also needs to have some information that it retrieves from SAP to make ceratain selection criterias i.e. the plant description and ID, BOM etc.

Now this is all fine to do this via JCO calls, BAPI's and RFCs. But the catch here is is that the SAP server is in a remote location and bandwidth restrictions apply which means the SAP server is not always available. Thus we need to store the SAP required information and the manually entered data locally and batch download or upload from SAP on a scheduled basis.

Now my question is has some one done this type of scenatio before and what would be the best approach.

a. Do we create a local DB and store the captured information and download the required SAP info and also store it in the local DB

b. Is there a caching meganism to store the required SAP data locally and queue the manual entered data in the MII message queue to be processed to upload to SAP ?

any suggestions and ideas ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure what version of MII you are currently using or investigating but your situation is not as unique as you might think. You can create a database that is used for failover purposes for your manual entry data. Soon there will be a mechanism built into MII that can handle this. Also, you should take a look at the [JRA action |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii121/helpdata/en/45/a40a9ba7b42734e10000000a155369/content.htm]blocks in the workbench (in 12.0 and newer) which allows for data buffering.

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

There could be number of factors to consider local database. It could make faster response time to MII frontend users. Can provide offline availability of SAP data at plant floor. provide Optimized MII transactions could ease bandwidth restrictions on remote SAP servers, I would suggest to use local database to get downstream data from SAP and capture floor data into it.

Right selection of BAPIs / IDocs could also make better response time and use the Data Buffer to enable buffering of xacute queries and SAP Java Connector (JCo) action communications that failed and are waiting to be resubmitted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Morne,

You can use JRA action block in place of JCO it will allow buffering.

So once ur SAP system is down it will store your data in queue and send it again when SAP is available.

Regards,

Manoj Bilthare