cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter fails when file is processed

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to manually process flat file on XI via FTP server. The file just sits on the FTP and on component monitoring, I see the file adapter fails. If I remove the file, the XI file adapter runs Ok. I checked the file format, file interface and adapter. Everything seems to be properly configured. If I run other files, they run Ok. What could be wrong? Any suggestions, steps to troubleshoot?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to those who helped/replied. Closing this thread as no further replies.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

WHat is the erros in the File Adapter ? What is shows in the Adapter Monitoring ? Is this file has all the permissions ?

Regards,

Moorthy

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

It says, adapter failed processing filename...line 3...etc. I checked the line/data, etc. The data structure in file is same as it has been previously processed. Not sure what the issue is.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using Content Conversion ? If so, check properly field by field. What is the entire error ? If you give,it may help to find out exact error.

Try to change the line 3 and process it..

Regards,

Moorthy

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy:

Yes, I am using content conversion. I cannot open the message now but I did check the file data and field by field of interface and file. The error pointed to line 3 of the data file but there was nothing wrong with the data.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Do recheck the content conversion ....

2. Activate the adapter again and try to clear the cache

3. try to post the file here and the content conversion you have given, others can take a look at it and provide valuable inputs (if any)

ShaBZ