cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Next empty bin strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Could you please tell me what is the use of next empty bin strategy and is it mandatory that SUTs are required for next empty bin.

waht is the difference between next empty bin and SUT strategy.

Is it mandatory that bin sectioning in SUT(pallet) strategy.

Please suggest me and thanks in advance.

Regards

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you to all.

swagat_mohanty2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Next Empty bin strategy works with random storage. Only 1 quant can be putaway in a single bin (if mixed storage is not allowed). If you have multiple quants, it determines a different empty bin for each quant.

SUT check is for restricting the putaway of certain storage unit type into certain bin types. For eg. if you have a big pallet (say X storage unit type), it can't go into a small bin (say 'S' storage bin type); it can only go into a larger bin (say 'L' storage bin type). You define in the system which storage unit types can go into which bin types. So when the system is trying to find a bin for putaway, it doesn't determine a bin where the storage unit can't be putaway.

When you use a pallet strategy, you need to bin sectioning.

Thanks

Swagat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Swagat!

As you mentioned that, for Next emtpy bin strategy for one bin system allow only one quant, as I know we can make mixed storage for storage type using this storage.

Can I store different materials (different quant) in one bin, because mixed storage is available for this storage type.

My client want is using rack storage and they want to put different material in one storage bin and capacity check is also there.

which strategy is useful for the above requirement.Please suggest.\

Thanks

Raghu

swagat_mohanty2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can allow mixed storage for Next Empty bin strategy. But system guided bin determination will always look for an empty bin to do a putaway. Mixed storage will be applicable when you are manually putting stock of a different item into the bin which has a quant but also has some physical capacity.

Thanks

Swagat