cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenPS4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using SAP ECC 6.0,MS Project 2003 and OpenPS4.0 applications.

While trying to connect to SAP through MS Pproject by using option OpenPs one error popup message appears:

Error, ActiveX component not installed: OpenPS4MSP1.DLL

Can you please tell me the probable reasons? And solution for this error.

Thanks in advance

Swapnil P Kharul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Search notes related to OpenPS 4.0, you will get the answer.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try to install the latest openps (SP03).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed

Rachel_Tang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If you have installed OpenPS 2.0 before, you need to first uninstall it, when you get the message mentioned in your question, then you may try to do the following:

Choose OK and close the message. Choose Tools-> Macro -> Macros. The system displays several macros which begin with PS_*. You must delete these macros by choosing the Delete pushbutton.

You may also try to downloaded the OpenPS4MSP version 4.0 SP level 03 in your system, please refer to note 1413829 for more information of this OpenPS patch. The path in the note may not point to the same file name but after you download, the downloaded file should be OPENPS4MSP03-20005295.ZIP, please install this in your system and test again.

If possible, please uninstall the SAPGUI, MS Project and OpenPS completely. Then install them in the following order again:

1) MS Project

2) SAP GUI (latest version refer to note 535308)

3) OpenPS (OpenPS4.0 latest version from service market place)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rachel,

Thanks for specific Reply and speedy response,

As suggested in your first two lines I hv deleted Macros Ps_*.... Ref Note 1352247. ====>> Now that error is not coming I also Enabled PS_Addin ... ref OSS Note

As suggested by you I have dowloaded OpenPS of following Information:

patch name OPENPS4MSP00

patch level 0

patch date patchtext

2009/03/24 OpenPS 4.0 - Release Information Note, note 1321362

Also Unistalled MS project and Previous version OpenPS applications.

Then I have installed :

1. MS Project 2003

2. SAP GUI:

Final Release 710

Patch Level 17

3. Finally OpenPS

Now while connecting to SAP R/3 through MS Project an error comes in Popup of OpenPS Error:

Logon failed!

Please suggest what settings/Modifications I am missing ?

Thnak you,

Swapnil Kharul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if you have administrator rights for the program folder of Open PS. You need to have administrator rights on your computer so that you can run OpenPS.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahendra,

I dont have admin authorisation, but I think its not required to run/work with OpenPS.

I agree your statement as far as Installation of OpenPS is considered.

There may be chances if I missed out some file/folder to installed ... for that I definately required admin authorisation...

If so please let me know ... so that I can take help from IT support Team ...

Swapnil P Kharul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also faced similat issue in my OpenPS installation. You need to have admin authorisation for the program folder of OpenPS all the time. Whenever you are opening OpenPS and doing any activity, you are making some entries in this program folder. So, try once with this suggestion, it may work.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnaks Mahendra .. I will check with admin ID ..\

Swapnil P Kharul

Rachel_Tang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If possible, I still suggest you try to use OPENPS4MSP03 but not OPENPS4MSP00.

Another thing is that the current version of Open-PS does not support the use new-type passwords (which can be used in R/3 as of Release 7.00) when using the Open-PS login screen. There are however two workarounds which can be used in order to get around this restriction:

1. You can use the PSE -> Single Sign on (SSO). Then a password is not required to logon via OpenPS.

2. Do not specify the system details (Server info) in OpenPS.

Now click on connect and enter a dummy system and password.

Click ok, -> The SAP Logon Pad will appear.

Now put in your logon data here and connect.

I think maybe it's also a reason that you got the logon failed error.