cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to srore the values to the drop down using rfc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my interactive form there are two drop down list .

My requirement is--

By selecting value in first drop-down list corresponding values of that selected value will appear in second drop down list using RFC call.

For example

suppose there are countries in first drop down list.When i selected one of the country in first drop down list ,corresponding states of that country will appear in second drop-down list

Please reply me ASAP

Regards

Raju.

Edited by: raj.nov85 on May 19, 2010 12:28 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is important to know how you are calling your Adobeform.

Maybe if you clarify this you wont even have to call RFC.

Thanks & Regards,

Omkar Mirvankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj.Nov85,

May i know where you use the interactive form?ABAP / JAVA WDP? HCM P&F?

I guess you would need to trigger a round-trip for backend to pick up first drop down value and populate second drop down.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Xiang Li

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am using this in Java/wdp/Interactive forms. i already save country values in first drop down using rfc call. now i need to add the action to the first dropdrown.. means when i select t he country value from first dropdown i need to get the states values from backend(Using RFC Call) to the second dropdown, to do this, where i need to write the code in interactive form..

I think i need to write on change event of first dropdown.. but what code i need to write for getting the states list to the second dropdown. please help me.

Thanks.

Raju.

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge docReady event is executed everytime the form loads. writing the code in that section would help achieve your functionality

For further reference look to the this manual for scripting information:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/lc_designer_scripting_basics/lc_designer_scripting_ba...

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/es/FormCalc.pdf

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am using this in Java/wdp/Interactive forms. i already save country values in first drop down using rfc call. now i need to add the action to the first dropdrown.. means when i select t he country value from first dropdown i need to get the states values from backend(Using RFC Call) to the second dropdown, to do this, where i need to write the code in interactive form..

I think i need to write on change event of first dropdown.. but what code i need to write for getting the states list to the second dropdown. please help me.

Thanks.

Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can write the code in the EXIT event of the first drop down.

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

U need to use th Enumerated List box UI element in the Library of the Interactive form for getting the values from RFC. the list box will be binded to a Context node which will get the values from a BAPI.

Define an action for the List box and then filter based on the country selected in the first box.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Poojith MV