cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bapi table - wrong values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Z Bapi with a couple of fields, I have tested on R/3 and the resulting table has valid values, nevertheless when I executed the Bapi from WD I have all the fields on the table good but two, wich returns the values: CUST-100000000000001 (CHAR30) and CUST-1000000 (PROFL-CHAR12)

Any ideas about what could be happening?

Thanks in advance

Jean Carlo

on R3:

ex:

CATALOG MEI ...

European Waste Code KG

European Waste Code KG

European Waste Code KG

on WD:

Catalog UMB ...

CUST-100000000000001 KG

CUST-100000000000001 KG

CUST-100000000000001 KG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are u getting extra columns in the table or extra data?

Best Wishes

Idhaya R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im gonna try the copyElements, but Im already printing the values from the bapi node directly

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess("waste.getCatalog():"+waste.getCatalog()+" waste.getProfl():"+waste.getProfl());

And got wrong values.

Also its a CHAR30 element, correspond to a String

no extra columns

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to login with the front end user in the R/3 and check the values.

If still the values differ debug in abap from frontend to check the issue.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0e9a9d90-0201-0010-478e-991dbea73...

Best Wishes

Idhaya R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Up to now I have no information of the Jco Destination configuration, so I dont know the user or the config language.

I think the data that Im looking for its a value/description set witch in WD is not getting the description, I dont know if this is due to the language used for the execution.

How can I get the lang/user configured for the Destination?

Im on 7.11

Thanks in advance

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can ask your BASIS team about this. Find out the ECC system to which your JCo METADATA and MODELDATA are pointing to?

Regards,

Poojith MV

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

Please check it if there is any structure changes happen in the RFC, then you need to re-start the server and re-import the model DC and deploy to the server may help on this.

Also check the JCO destination used for your web dynpro project using the correct inforamtion for backend system like "client"

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did u try to execute the same bapi in the corresponding backend with the login you are using for webdynpro app?

If the JCO connection you are using is configured for SSO. Then there should be a user in backend for the front end user.

You can see the JCO connections in Webdynpro content Administrator.

The result may be user -specific.That is for different users the bapi can give different results.

You can check the language used using this line in ur webdynpro code. The url parameter used to pass the locale to the webdynpro application is sap-locale

Check the SAP Note 947081 for language related problems.

Best Wishes

Idhaya R

Edited by: IdhayaR on May 19, 2010 2:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get the value of the sap-locale using this line in your webdynpro.

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess("Locale"+ WDWebContextAdapter.getWebContextAdapter().getRequestParameter("sap-locale"));

But integerate it with portal through role and then check.

You will be able to see the locale that you are getting.

You can set the locale in your webdynpro application also through application properties.

Go to application properties New> Pre-defined>Browse--> Default locale. There you can give value for your locale and check by changing the locale values.

Hope it helps.

Best Wishes

Idhaya R

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found that debugging the Bapi on R3 changing the SY-LANGU to '' I get the same error I get on WD, I cant specify the language on WD with the app param default-locale.

I guess Im gonna have to change the JCO Destination language or the bapi default languaje.

Thanks for your help

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try printing the value in your WD program after u execute the BAPI and check. Or to avoid such data type mismatched use the copyElements API for copying the values from a Model Node to Value Node.

The constraint is that the name and type of the attributes should be the same.

Assume your BAPI node is of the structure

ModelNodeName

---A (string)

---B (integer)

---C (double)

create a value node under the context with the same names and types

ValueNodeName

---A (string)

---B (integer)

---C (double)

After u execute the BAPI,write the following code:

WDCopyService.copyElements(wdContext().nodeModelNodeName(), wdContext.nod