cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expenses Require WBS Element to be Billable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are posting time & expenses to wbs elements. Our wbs elements are structured with 3 levels with the time being posted at the third level but the billing being done at the second level.

This works for Time well, but does not seem to work for expenses When we try to post expenses to the third level we get an error message in PRRW saying that the wbs is not a billing element, is there anyway to change this ? as we don't really want to post to the level 2.

Changing the level 3 to a billing element causes additional problem in that it means that we are not able to bill the order....

Thanks

Sara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

While posting the travel expenses if it throws an error (WBS is not a billing element) in PRRW.

Then in tcode CJ02 enter the WBS, double click on the WBS and in the "Basic data" tab see on the right side below you have will have "operative indicators" and you need to select the "Billing element" to post the expenses.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

S.Srikanth

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved - Changed code

former_member220491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SARA,

Can you please me, how you resolved this issues as i am facing the same problem. As far as i know for expenses we no need to check the billing element at WBS level, but system is throwing error that WBS element is not a billing element. our senario also same like yours we are also trying to post Travel expenses. Kindly need your inputs

Thanks

Regards

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your answer but my problem is that once i check the billing element on the level 3 and post costs, i can't take it back off again.

This then leaves me with an issue that i cannot run the level 2 wbs through billing on DP90, as it brings up a message no expenditure found....

Thanks

Sara

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I couldnt get what you are trying to mean.....by i am not able to take it back again.

If you can elaborate it in detail that would be better.

Thanks,

S.Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

We have the same problem. What could you solve?

Thanks

Germán Maceiras