Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning element indicator

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PS gurus>

One question regarding Planning element tick.

In my project in panning profile there is no tick to planning element, either there is no tick in cj20n in WBS overview, then how the system is allowing to plan cost in CJ40 tcode.

Please correct me if iam wrong>>

If planning element is tick then the system will allow to do cost planning in cj40, but if its not tick then the system should not allow to do planning.

In my case the system is allowing to do planning in cj40 inspite of planning element untick.

What will be the reason? Can anybody throw some light in this issue.

Regards,

Ansar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ansar,

The planning element tick in the planning profile states,

"This indicator controls whether a cost planning is possible only in those WBS elements which were defined as planning elements.

If you do not set this indicator, you can carry out cost planning in any WBS element.

If you check this indicator in the planning profile system will allow you to do planning only for the WBS elements that have the Planning Element indicator ticked.

Even the F1 help for the Planning Element indicator in a WBS element states the same. Do revert if you come across something different.

Best Regards,

Gokul

Edited by: Gokul on May 19, 2010 1:06 PM

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Wht does it mean by this statement: If you do not set this indicator, you can carry out cost planning in any WBS element.

My question is in my project planning indicator is untick, then also i can do planning in cj40, as rule it should not allow to do so.

For test case i created new project using another profile, where untick planning indicator, then the system doesnot allow to do planning, it gives error.

It means that something is to do with Profile : project profile or planning profile..Can somebody elaborate this?

Regards,

Ansar

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ansar,

If you indicate planning elements check box in planning profile Txn

OPSB, then system will restrict to do cost planning against the WBSE that indicated as planning element.

If this check box is not indicated in planning profile then system will allow you to do cost planning for all the WBSE irrespective of planning element indicator.

Regards,

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

As per your statement: If this check box is not indicated in planning profile then system will allow you to do cost planning for all the WBSE irrespective of planning element indicator.

then in my case why the system is allowing to do cost planning, where planning indicator is untick.???

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ansar,

Don't get confuse...

First indicator I told about cost Planning profile Txn OPSB.

Second WBSE planning element indictaor in TXn CJ20N.

This is not a system bug. you can check configuartion of planning profile.

Regards,

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ansar,

Thank you for your detail explaination.

In Case A: As you told system could allow you.

Case B: I have checked, for me system is not displaying any error. It's allowing me to do cost planning in CJ40.

I think we will wait for experts opnion.

Regards,

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

No reply

Edited by: Virendra Pal on Jun 22, 2010 4:44 PM

Locked - no more replies required