cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rules for 5.3 RTA backend RAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are going to use the RAR ABAP component included in 5.3 RTA for risk analysis. We wish to upload rules in ABAP based component. Can anybody confirm from where i can get the rules for this? IS it included in the BC set of 5.3 which is /VIRSA/VIRSANH_530_700 or anywhere else? In earlier versions, we needed to activate the BC set to get the rules. Where can i get the rules for 5.3 ABAP version from?

In addition to that, if i need to activate any BC set to get the rules in ABAP RAR 5.3 then would it wipe out existing rules? or will the existing rules be there still.

Regards, Ben

Edited by: Ben Konnor on May 19, 2010 9:00 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ben,

the current rule set is included with the VIRACCNTNT Java Text Files package.

I'm not sure if you can use VRAT from the 5.3 RTA package to load this, though.

Frank.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ben,

You need to run one report, once you will install RTA in backend system. For that check SAP Note 1133167 - VIRSANH 530_700 Install or Delta Upgrade on SAP_BASIS 700.

Rules you need to upload in GRC system not in backend system. Rules you can download from market place and you will get it under SAP GRC ACCESS CONTROL 5.3 TXT. This file is present from where you have downloaded support packs of GRC.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny/Frank,

I am aware of the rules which are available as part of SAP GRC ACCESS CONTROL 5.3 TXT files. However, these are only applicable to upload on RAR Java part (if i use it). In my situation, we will not be using the front end Java part of RAR and only RAR ABAP component included in the 5.3 RTA will be used. I will execute transaction /n/virsa/zvrat to execute my risk analysis from there. To accomplish the same i need standard rules which in earlier version 4.0,5.2 etc where delivered as part of BC sets which i would activate in the SAP system. This activation of BC set will populate the rules in the RAR ABAP (CC previously).

I am looking to upload rules in the backend RAR available as part of RTA and will not be using the front end JAVA RAR.

Regards, Ben

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, I am not aware of this thing.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ben,

There are no text files which you can load on AC 5.3 RTA so that you can use RAR in the SAP system. Mostly, customers already have CC 4.0 and the ruleset with it. Once they upgrade to AC 5.3 RTA, they still keep the ruleset. I would recommend to reach out to SAP.

Alpesh