cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Installation of PI &XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible to install PI on one client and XI on another client durinng SAP ECC 6 installation on Win 2008 server with Oracle DB?

If so, please let me know the breif procedure.

Regards,

Pingali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The question is confusing !!!! But would like to inform that XI and PI are same. Earlier PI (process integration) was called as XI (Exchange Infrastructure) which is used to connect SAP to Non-SAP and Non-SAP to Non-SAP.

And please elaborate your requirement like what all you want to install so that we can suggest.

Regards,

Sharath

Edited by: sharath Babu on May 19, 2010 12:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like, i want to install SAP ECC 6.0 with specifically on one client.!so is it possible to do so?

If yes,please let me know how..!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like, i want to install SAP ECC 6.0 with PI (XI) specifically on one client.! so is it possible to do so?

If yes, please let me know how..!..[sorry for not giving a clear cut question]

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean by client ?

Let me clear one thing, if you are thinking that ECC and XI can work on same system then it is not possible. You have to install both as separate systems. You can install both system on same server but you should have enough resources because PI is resource intensive application.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot have ECC and PI(XI) in single client. Better install both in two separate servers. If that is not possible and if the current server hardware resources are sufficient then install both in same server but as two separate instances with two different SIDs.

Note: It always better to have PI installed separately for better performance.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Sharath here. Also you need to make sure that your PI system is having the highest level of patches.

It should not have lower level in comparison with other systems of you landscape.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This particular setup only possible in SAP DISCOVERY system, which is a preconfigured system for innovation and exploration.

Link: [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30d3d12c-f023-2b10-8b82-ee8ab1700626?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

ECC and PI are two different system types and it has to be installed seperately.