cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make an entry in transport tab of business system in SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

In PI, in SLD we maintain Business systems. In this business sytem if we go to have a detail look there is a Transport tab.

What is this used for and how to make an entry here.

I'm a basis person and i'm configuring XI for the first time. Kindly help.

Regards,

Priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

THis is option used to when transporting the business system from dev to QA or Production... Say u have one dev , one QA and production environment.. ABAP_DEV is a web as abap business system in DEV. Say when you are transporting th ABAP_DEV to AQ and production system which are have ABAP_QA and ABAP_PRD respectively as their web as business system.. Whatever the objects present in ABAP_DEV system should goes to ABAP_QA and ABAP_PRD. Now go to ABAP_DEV system select the Transport Tab add the target business systems as ABAP_QA and ABAP_PRD.

Regards,

Balaji

Edited by: Balaji Pichaimuthu on May 19, 2010 8:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for so prompt response Balaji.

I have two tier landscape ie i have only XI dev/QA and XI Prod.

Do i need to make enteries only in XI Dev. Or i have to make any changes in XI Prod also.

I have configured CTS+ for XI.

For any changes which is done in Dev SLD what are the steps to transport the same as u have mentioned that ths transport tab is for the very same purpose.

Also currently i have local SLDs for both XI and not a central one. Will this create any issue while transporting changes in XI dev.

I have a plan of makin XI Prod as central LSD in future.

Regards,

Priya

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the DEV and production are present in same SLD then you need to make the entries only in Dev system.

Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

And wat abt different SLDs as currently both dev and Prod are local SLDs.

also i cant maintain any target system for Prod business system so how to go about it?

Also do i have to maintain in each and every AS ABAP business sytem the taget system, as i have multiple AS ABAP system in my SLD.

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure about your first question, But for second yes i can answer. Yes you have to maintain multiple web as business systems,

say you have 3 business sysmes as web as abap. namely CRM_DEV, BI_DEV and SRM_DEV . So you should maintain 3corressponding web as business systems in production say like CRM_PRD, BI_PRD and SRM_PRD.

Regards,

Balaji

Edited by: Balaji Pichaimuthu on May 19, 2010 8:35 AM

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi.

for your first question

if you have different sld.. You can copy the business systems of 1 sld to 2 nd sld then you can assing the target business in transport tab. There is option called import / export in SLD there u can import complete Sld of sld 1 and then export the file into second sld so that u can have all business systems of sld1 .

Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

wat i meant was see i have to maintain the target system in Dev SLD BS. now do i have to maintain target system in each BS?

and wl having different local SLDs impact it?

wat r d steps for transporting changes in BS from Dev to Prod?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i guess these are the steps for consolidating two SLDs also. So i can export the SLD from Dev and import it in prod thus i will have single SLD which is prod to be maintained. Then i can add transoprt tab there. Isn't it?

Edited by: Priya1234 on May 19, 2010 8:50 AM

Edited by: Priya1234 on May 19, 2010 8:50 AM

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1. Yes , you have to maintain target business system for the EACH BS in PROD system.

2. Normally we do have 2 different sld one is explictly for production system. another one is for dev and QA system. Once u done creating all the systems needed for the project. we will copy all business from the dev server to production server. So production server will have all BS from Dev and BS of production server.

3. i am not sure about this. i dont have particular docuemnts . normally we assign target business system in transport tab. and in Intergration Directory we will export the business system from DEV and and import the business system in production system.

Regards,

Balaji

Edited by: Balaji Pichaimuthu on May 19, 2010 9:06 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Simply, its used to assign the corresponding business systems in other environment for a particular business system.

Regards,

Balaji

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

Transport tab is used to maintain the source & target transport groups .

when we transport configuration objects from Dev to Qa, its business systems names will be automatically changed.

Regards

Abhijit