cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

i installed EP 7 and ECC in one BOX , RAM is 8 Gb , when i work someting in EP ( 20 min consensually , EP system get restarted , colour is come to yellow ,, after few min it come to Green , it working fine , can any one suggest me how to resolve this . every 20 min i need to wait 10 min to get green status

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is due to OUTOFMEMORY problem.

The heap current heap memory is not suffiecent for running the application.

Tune the parameter as per the note suggested by SUNNY.

Thanks

Anil

teddylv_andersen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar.

If the license hasn't been installed yet, Java will terminate after 30 min.

Teddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you post dev_server0 from the work directory?

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just try to increase "Max Heap Size" parameter (to 1024 or even more ) using "CONFIGTOOL".

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh , thank s for ur reply

where i need to Change Max Heap size , in config toll i have dispatcher and server

in dispatcher i have 170 and in server i have 2048 , where i need to change. value can u suggest me .

Thank in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to change in dispatcher...

First try with 256, then 512 for Dispatcher

2048 for Server is Ok as per my understanding..

Please reffer the below notes for better understanding..

[Note 723909 - Java VM settings for J2EE 6.40 or 7.0|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/723909]

[Note 1008311 - Recommended Settings for NW 7.0 >= SR2 for the AIX JVM (J9)|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1008311]

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you would have seen SAP Note 723909 - Java VM settings for J2EE 6.40 or 7.0 then you will get to know where you need to set which parameter and what will be the value.

Thanks

Sunny

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check all JVM parameters and fine tune it as per SAP Note 723909 - Java VM settings for J2EE 6.40 or 7.0

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please paste the logs as to why the AS JAVA is getting restarted.It might be the case that memory utilisation on the server is quite high.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for u r reply , can u tell me which log file u need , then i will give that log file and telll me locatioin of log file .....