Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

providing dependency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a working set up in system 1.

I created SWC with the same name as in system1 inside system 2 and created a dependency on SCM BASIS and then imported the SWC from SLD.

No problems found till this step as there SWC got imported to IR with Basis objects.

When I imported the IR objects of system1, it created a duplicate swcv with the same name and with the custom objects developped earlier ( and without a basis tab)

Ideally, it sohuld create the new objects ( name spaces ) under the swcv1 of test.com which is already imported from SLD after providing dependency to it. But it did not happen

Now I can see the SWC with duplicate swcv as follows:

SWC of test.com

swcv1 of test.com

>Basis objects

swcv1 of test.com

>custom dev objects ( imported from system 1)

Can someone please advice how to sync up this so that swcv1 of test.com will have both Basis objects and custom developped objects?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of creating the new SWC, why not import the entire existing SWC in both SLD and IR?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek,

These objects were given by our customer. I have asked for SLD imports but It would take some time to get SLD imports from them.

Meanwhile is there something that I can do to fix this?

I understood that it is not trying to relate the imported objects with the objects of SLD. Where can I check for the relation and how can I establish one?

Thanks,

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The relation I believe happens with the Object ID of the SWC which can should be same while importing the namespaces. This ID can be viewed in properties from the menu of SWC.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i know it can be viewed from properties. I was wondering if we can change this ID.

However, I found it. we can go to content maintenance tab in administration and change it manually ( though not suggested ! )

Its answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try release transfer option? (Available under tools in IR)

I havent used it but this should help you to solve the problem.

Regards

Sushil