cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Process Chains

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I wanted to know about the details of SNP like how does it works ? What are the mentioned process chains ?

How are these process chains Mapped ? What impact do they have in process ?

Any valuable reply would be helpful and rewardful.

Regards

Athilles

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Experts

For your timely and valuable inputs.

As per query from Abhilasha i would like to clear that we have some process chain which are to be converted by SNP planners in Adhoc manner.

Now i have collected all the ABAP programs , Variants used in it , Macros used.

And want to know how these things can be converted into Adhoc manner.

Hope i have cleared the requirement.

Thank u ones again for your valuable inputs .

Regards

Athilles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Athilles,

From your reply I am asusming that the processes are the same for all the Planners. I would sugegst the following:

1). Create a custome program which has a selection screen on which you give the process chain name to be run

2). Use the function module " RSPC_CHAIN_START" in the program and pass the Process Chain name from the Selection screen to it. Thats it! This will trigger the process chain in the background.

I guess you can make this even more fancy by adding a code in the program which makes it wait till the process finishes etc.

You can then assign a Tx to this and in this way the user community will be totally oblivious to what is happening in the background.

Alternatively, create a job with the STEPS defined as in the process chain. Keep this job in scheduled status. Give the users the authorizations to copy and run this job as and when they like.

Cheers!

Abhi

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks every one for there timely and valuable replies.Suggestions and solution given by each of you were really helpful.

Hope for same kind of cooperation in near future.

Regards

Athilles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athilles,

Please explain more about the your requirement.

Do you want to run some jobs in a particular sequence in adhoc basis? or altogether adhoc jobs?

Regards,

Abhilasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Can anyone guide me on the above issue.

Waiting for your helpful guidance .

Regards

Athilles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athilles,

Setting up Ad hoc jobs should be straightforward.

You pick up the ABAP program with the variant from the process chain step and use in SM36 transaction to create a job.

For a BW related steps where you have infopackages extractions, you need to shedule the job from witihn infopackage.

When you create these jobs, can crate authorization so that users can only copy and run jobs on their names or particular user for that location example BATCH_3100_SNP.

I hope this gives insight.

Please check and confirm.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your timely and valuable replies.

Now after reading and going through all the details i want to know a bit in detail about same.

Currently we have some process chians running in our plant and the Requirement is to set up new jobs for SNP Planners to execute planning in * adhoc manner.*

I know these steps are basically from the process chains, Including the variants.

Can anybody of you experts just guide me one by one to achieve it.

Regards

Athilles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Athilles,

This depends on your process. Assuming:

1). There is a sequence of steps to be executed rather than one

2). The sequence to be executed ALONG WITH THE VARIANTS is same for all planners, then you can simply give your planners the access to the process chain to execute. You can set the start condition as IMMEDIATE

But, suppose that different planners need to execute the same process (meaning the same programs in the same order), but DIFFERENT VARIANTS, then option above does not hold good.

Again, assuming that there are only very few sets of processes (Unique set of variants and sequence), then you can create process chains accordingly and give access.

Another option will be to setup adhoc jobs using SM36. You can then give the users authorization/training to copy and run them. Again they depend on the number of unique processes.

If the number of unique processes is very high, then your safest bet would be to train the users to access the transactions directly. I donts ee this as a feasible option as BW part will become really tricky.

Cheers!

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athilles,

Process chain is a vast topic and you will get ample information on help.sap.com. As explained above its nothing but sequence/network of jobs running in background. There are few transactions and little basic which will help you create, schedule and monitor the process chain as follows -

1. Process chain is a logical grouping of processes,jobs or steps. Each step is made up of a u2018Process Typeu2019. Process type generally corresponds to an activity like DP background jobs or ABAP program or load data etc.

2. Process Variant is an instance of a process type. You can take it as a variant for a program . It is a variant for a process type. It contains specific values / parameters to execute a process type (step).

3. Every Process chain should contain a start process type which will help scheduling of the chain.

4. You can connect the process types in parallel with the help of connector AND/OR or run it in series based on the requirements.

5. Start process type is similar to sm37 job's start condition.

6. If you need more scheduling options then you can use "interrupts","Decision" or "Wait status" process variant.

7. To monitor the chains some of the basic transactions are RSPC (display log), RSPC1 (display log for one chain at a time), RSPCM and RSM37.

You can get more details on each points in sap help and SDN. Please let me know if you need more help.

Thanks,

Abhilasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athilles,

You can use DP background processing process type to

add DP background jobs to a process chain

The following activities can be carried out in a DP

background job like executing forecast, executing macros,

release from dp to snp, release to ERP

For mass background processing, use the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/02/7650d6353611d398290000e8a49608/frameset.htm

You will come to know which macro is for which purpose

under Macro workbench /SAPAPO/ADVM transaction

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can i include macro in the process chain ? How can i schedule jobs in PRocess chain ? How wud i know which macro is for which purpose ?

Hope for your timely and helpful replies

Regards

Athilles

Former Member
0 Kudos

athilles,

I think you are missing out on using one of teh most useful tools around...the article library!!!

Refer to the follwoing link and I think this would be way more than enough to get you started:(Sort of the beginner's guide to process Chains as I call it)

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BI/Processchainscreationandmonitoring

This should be helpful.

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athilles,

You can use RSPC transaction for creating process chain.

There is no hard and fast rule for creation. You can plan

your own logic as per business requirement and sequence

the jobs/macros etc., and schedule as process chain.

You can use the below link for constructing your process

chain

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/86/6ff03b166c8d66e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks For your timely and valuable reply .

How do we create these process chains in systems.Do we have to follow any rules while creating these process chain like some process should be placed before another or something like that or can we create these randomly.

Hope for your continued support .

Regards

Athilles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athilles,

Process chains are nothing but sequential arrangement of

different jobs which are being connected in a logical flow

so that the jobs can start parallelly or start one after the

other as per user definition.

In SNP, we have various job functionalities like heurisitics,

low level code, deployment, TLB, Safety stock planning,

etc., etc.,

We can club all these different functionalities of SNP

via process chains.

For still more informations on SNP process chains, please

follow the below link which contains all the critical process

chains that are used in SCM and also in SNP as required

by you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/48/0750ff69ba59e8e10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Please confirm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.