cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change different addresses for item in sales order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru, I have a question about multiple ship-to party in one sales order. I've created several ship-to party for one Sold-to party(distributors). But sometimes, the customer want us to deliver goods to different addresses(Consumers). So these addressed are not standard customer address. When I create sales order, I can choose the ship-to party from several ship-to party. Actually, I want to change ship-to address at SO item level. But I can change it becuase the field 'Ship-to party' at item level is disable. My questions are: 1. How do I create these address and assign to the distributors? 2. How can I change the address at item level when create sales order? Is it there any customizing to control it in SPRO? Please help me. Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>1. How do I create these address and assign to the distributors?

I hope you can have all those address as different ship to parties for same sold to party. If that can be done, you can create those addresses in XD01 using SHIP TO Account group.

Then assign all those to your sold to party from XD02 of sold to party.

2. How can I change the address at item level when create sales order?

Now when you create the sales order header, system will populate all ship to parties for you. Select a one and proceed. That ship to party will get copied to all LI's as well.

But if you go to Line item Partner tab, you can change the Ship to party there. What you have to do is, In the LI / Partner tab change the code appear against the Partner function "SH" to the relevant one. You can do that LI wise.

You delivery will be create for the Ship to party specified in the LI, not the header one.

> Is it there any customizing to control it in SPRO?

Yes, there is a SPRO setting for this.

Go to below IMG path:

Sales and Distribution / Basic Functions / Partner Set Up Partner Determination Determination / Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Item

Highlight the Partner Det Procedure and go to the node "Partner Functions in Procedure"

Then untick "Not Modifiable" for Partner Function "SH"

Now come back to Sales order and check

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupa Wijesinghe, Thank you very much. For the question 1, I changed the partner function for 'SH', the system always asks me to assign the customer code here. But in my company, there's only 1 customer code. This customer is distributor. And it has thousands end customer and delivery address. It's possible to create the so many end customer in our system. What shall we do? For the question 2, last night I've unticked "Not Modifiable" for Partner Function "SH" at Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Item. But it looks it doesn't work. I don't know what happened. Thank you very much!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thank all of you. I've solved this issue according to your suggestions!!

BR

Haibo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Haibo

Consider using one-time customers (Account Group CPD) and use them as SH Parties with the Distributor as Sold-to. The address can be entered in the sales order.You can create one One-time customer or several collective master records for dummy customers based in a certain region.

Or you can create and use consumers (Account Group 170) after creating a reference customer.

Check them out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chandrasekhar ,

I will try it as you said. Thank you very much!

BR

Haibo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You can very well change the address of the ship-to at line item level if your requirment is to ship different line items to different parties.

Go to VA02 --> item --> partners. Double click on the required ship-to. Address screen will come up. You can change the address there. IF the system is not allowing you to do so, it means that you will need to change the user settings in SU01.

Regards,

Sivanand