cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW04s installation hangs at install java engine step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install NW04s and the sapinst is hanging at one particular point all the time. it is in the step "install java engine" and the message in the sapinst is "Extracting lib/logging.jar". i have tried to stop the installation and restarting it, but all the time it stops at this very step.

the system is windows, MSSQL server, jdk 1.4.2_12

thanks in advance.

regards,

Bharath

Message was edited by: Bharath Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!:

We have a Server x86 and we have launch the SOLMAN 4.0 SR3 installation (i386). 3GB RAM and 10240 MB of swap (i think that is enough).

We have had Problems with the 1.4.2_10 in the phase START JAVA DUMP.

So, we've changed the jre and jdk to the 1.4.2_16, and launch a new installation.

We are waiting the installation, but we have seen that java -version appears the old jre, althought we have restart the server.

Can you help us? Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

We HAVE the same problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can confirm that with the 10 gives an error in the phase START java dump, BUT with the 16 the phase has gone OK.

former_member189320
Participant
0 Kudos

hello Bharath,

Decrease heap memory size. I had a similar issue. It usually takes the heap memory as a single slot. So this could create some problems while installing. Stop the setup at that step . Change the settings in config tool. Then start the settings from the old installations.

This should solve your problem

Regards,

Nirmal G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try by

1. increase swap memory size in your system and check.

2. Or make sure the db log mode is set as overrite mode. This you have to do through dbm tool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used the jdk 1.4.2-13

It still stopped, but I reran the step and on the 3rd try it got thru the install java engine step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently having the same problem with J2EE addin on NW2004s SR1 SRM 4.0 install on Oracle db. Install stops at Extract lib/logging.jar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution was either to sit and wait, or swap in a new JDK.

For me, the failures occured when using JDK 1.4.2_10. I swapped in JDK 1.4.2_11, performed the install again, and waited longer, and it worked. So it was either the updated JDK or more patience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

thanks for the inputs. i removed jdk 1.4.2_12 and installed 1.4.2_09 and it is still hanging at the same place.

the SDMKit.log ends with the following line.

"

inflated: lib/logging.jar

"

the entries in other log files of sapinst directory do not indicate any error. the entries do not move forward after the point where it gets stuck.

any suggestions?

Regards,

Bharath Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Please check for enough disk space in the installation

drive.

Regards

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

there is about 17 GB of space left in the installation directory.

cheers,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Did you see sapinst log file in the sapinst_dir directory.

Also check the sdmkit.log. It may have some information.

Because usually the step takes a long time.

Regards

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

i would suggest to install version 1.4.08 or 09 since i had problems with other versions.

George

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you cannot use jdk 1.4.2_08

you have to use jdk 1.4.2_09

Regards

Raja