cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom print program to be used 2 ways for triggering smartform o/p

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a custom print program with a selction screen.Now i need to use this program for triggering a smartform in 2 ways:

1.Using message determination

2.using the selection screen as standalone program

My question : can i write a program which can have a selction screen so that it cna be run explicitly as a standalone program and use the same program for triggering a smarftorm using message determination??

Also if i need to call this program using message determination for triggering the smartform ,how do I do that??

Also If I need to call this program from another program w/o sel screen,what statement do I need to use?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you could've found all answers easily simply by looking at the output configuration (transaction NACE) and at one of the standard SAP output processing programs.

To briefly answer your question - yes, this is feasible. The programs that are registered in configuration for output processing must have an "entry" routine that is programmed in certain way. For example, look at RLB_INVOICE program and ENTRY routine. I don't think there is anything that restricts the same program from also having a selection screen.

Regarding calling "this program from another program" - read Help on SUBMIT command.