cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why exchange rate is not displayed correctly when I create the PO in SRM?

alonso_valenzue
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Yesterday I insert a new row at OB08 tx. at backend system (R/3) for exchange rate of May 17,2010, the value was 10.00. Then I run the BBP_GET_EXRATE program to replicate the info to SRM.

But when I created a purchase order (PO) the value was 12.24 for exchange rate (this value 12.24 is the value for the previous day May 16, 2010).

Today morning (May 18, 2010), I inserted another row at R/3 and replicated to SRM, the new value for May 18 was 11. I create another PO and the value was 10 for exchange rate (the value for yesterday).

But when the PO is transmitted to R/3, the exchange rate is the correct.

My question is: Why exchange rate is not displayed correctly when I create the PO in SRM? Exists an aspect of memory in SRM that it has to be refreshed? Why SRM is getting the exchange rate for yesterday? Is an issue for time zone?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check TCURR t table itme stamp

Are SRM time zone and ECC time zone difference in time stamp ?

check it up.

Muthu

alonso_valenzue
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I don't know how to check TCURR table time stamp, the fields are:

MANDT Client

KURST Exchange rate type

FCURR From currency

TCURR To-currency

GDATU Date As of Which the Exchange Rate Is Effective

UKURS Exchange Rate

FFACT Ratio for the "from" currency units

TFACT Ratio for the "to" currency units

I checked the time zone with Basis, and it's the same in both systems (SRM and R/3).

I have SRM 4.0 (SRM_SERVER 500) and R/3 4.7 (SAP_APPL 470).

Edited by: Juan Alonso Valenzuela Rodríguez on May 19, 2010 4:02 PM

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

your new exchange rate are updating this table right?

Muthu

alonso_valenzue
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Yes, I'm inserting the new exchange rate in R/3 and then synchronizing to SRM with BBP_GET_EXRATE program.

But if I am creating the PO in SRM, the exchange rate is yesterday's.

I don't know if at midnight is executed some job or updated memory and this way the exchange rate is updated to be used in creating PO in SRM only next day.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you in classic or Extended classic?

did you add new row?

since exchange rate is in the header it may not update again.

Muthu

alonso_valenzue
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I'm in Extended classic.

I already discovered what is happening. At the time of being creating the purchase order (PO), it takes the exchange rate of the delivery date of the shopping cart (SC). But when the order is authorized and tries to transmit it to R/3, it takes the exchange rate of the date of creation of the PO.

Two checks of budget exist:

1.- When creating PO (exchange rate date of delivery date of the SC's item)

2.- When authorized and tries to transmit it to R/3 (exchange rate date of creation date of the PO)

If exchange rate of delivery date of the SC is lower than exchange rate date of creation of the PO, there are cases in which it is marking budget error.

Now my question is: It is a standard behavior? (to take different exchange rate)