cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same value appearing in 1 column for all rows (table ui element)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I enhanced a standard web dynpro component. It had few columns bound to a pre-existing context node. I inserted an additional column and created a custom-node with an attribute of type string. I inserted a column in the standard table and bound this to the attribute of my custom-node.

I added a pre-exit to the method WDDOMODIFYVIEW( ) and populated this node by binding it to internal table. But finally in the output, the same value is displayed for all rows corresponding to this column. For example

Name (standard) ¦ Comment (custom-node) ¦ Code (standard) ¦

aaa ¦ abcdef (same value displayed for all) ¦ 0001 ¦

bbb ¦ abcdef ¦ 0002 ¦

ccc ¦ abcdef ¦ 0003 ¦

ddd ¦ abcdef ¦ 0004 ¦

Kindly help in resolving this issue.

<<text removed>>

Thanks and best regards.

Edited by: Matt on May 20, 2010 8:52 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try to add attribute in the existing context node and in the exit, read the context data in a internal table, modify the content by adding data for the new column and bind it back to the context node. the problem seems in ur case is that the data source for the table is the node A (assume) and u created a node B which is not acting as data source.

Regards

Vishal Kapoor

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The standard node did not allow addition of further attributes. I had found one attribute which wasn`t used and had to reuse it. As you both point out that I need to use the same node, think that was correct.

Full marks to your contribution.

Thanks and best regards,

Metal1

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Vishal Kapoor correctly states you will have to create a new attribute in the node that is bound to the table.

A table will only iterate the node which is marked as its data source - not any tables which are marked as sources for the elements in the table.