cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP v7.2 Logon Pad buttons

troy_frackman
Explorer
0 Kudos

The new SAP GUI v7.2 has 8 buttons across the top. LOG ON/Variable Logon/New/Edit/Delete/Explorer View/List View/Tree View. Want to remove those completely from being displayed so my Production users don't start changing layouts etc. I can gray out the New/Edit/Delete buttons but not the others. We are moving from v6.4 where saplgpd.exe did not display buttons like saplogon.exe does. Also changing the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\General\Appearance] to modify the Theme/Sound does not seem to reflect on all users.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that I have a way to get the older looking saplogon window, though there is still a button for "Variable Logon". I've edited the SapLogonTree.xml file to remove the nodes for Favorites and Shortcuts - which caused the SAP Logon 720 window to look close to how it used to appear.

For the standard install - just go to the Common folder for a user, under Documents and Settings\********\Application Data\SAP\Common, where the *'s are for the user-id, copy SapLogonTree.xml, and edit the original. I removed these two lines under </Nodes> -

<Favorites name="Favorites" expanded="1" uuid="118c5714-0b66-4566-9e4f-5be6456c23ae">

</Favorites>

<Shortcuts name="Shortcuts" expanded="1" uuid="fcc265fa-89e8-47cb-becf-482af947dc49">

</Shortcuts>

I haven't yet worked out the distribution details, to get the change into the package we build to install this on all our desktops. I'm also still looking for a way to remove the button for "Variable Logon", so as not to introduce something unfamiliar to our end users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marty - Is there a way to package the editions to saplogonTree.xml such that the favorites is removed for all users?

troy_frackman
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have this one on my machine but I have 4,000 other PC's and doesn't each user get their own when they sign on?

I can change the S-1-5-21 below, and the settings in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER] also change. I was hoping that

HKCU would apply to all users access this PC. I don't think there is anything in the

C:\Documents and Settings\<badge>\Application Data\SAP\Common directory that could be holding anything. I've

deleted the .ini and two .xml files and relaunch the GUI shortcut and it recreates them but still can't get color

to lock.

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2092640746-1102663904-359291519-3625\Software\SAP]

No idea on removing this BAR from the SAPLGPD like v6.4 did?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Troy - Did you ever get an answer on this? I'm implementing 7.20 and want to disable the "explorer view" and "tree view". Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos

Key words being "HKEY_Current_User" check in HKEY_Users_S-1-5-21-1232641501-XXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXX\Software\SAP\General\Appearance