Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing table from ABAP to webservice using SOAP

craig_scott2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello:

I am trying to pass table data from ABAP code to a webservice using SOAP. I have seen many examples of passing single value parameters such as:

DATA: osoap   TYPE REF TO CSoapDocument.

GET REFERENCE OF p_refno INTO dref.
    CALL METHOD osoap->add_parameter
      EXPORTING
        direction  = CSoapConstants=>ic_param_in
        name       = 'ws_ref_no'
        value      = dref.

CALL METHOD osoap->set_tag_name_format
      EXPORTING format = CSoapConstants=>ic_tagfmt_default.

However I cannot find any code examples of passing table data to a webservice. Can anyone provide a sample or documentation for how to pass table data to a webservice?

Thanks,

Craig

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

craig_scott2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi and Barry for your quick replies.

Our environment is not XI/PI. We're also not using proxies. We have a very simple RFC connection from the our R/3 4.7 (620) system to the Web Service written in SAP Netweaver Dev Studio. The ABAP code constructs a SOAP object, builds the parameters and launches the transport to trigger the Java Bean Method that we wrote in Dev Studio. Unfortunately, the document links you provided appear to be for different platforms than ours.

Edited by: Craig Scott on May 18, 2010 7:59 PM

craig_scott2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I resolved this issue using another approach. Instead of trying to pass a table from ABAP to the webservice using SOAP and then on to the Guided Procedure, the webservice calls the Guided Procedure which then calls an External Service Callable Object. This External Service calls an SAP RFC which reads the data for the table from SAP and passes it back to the Guided Procedure where it can be mapped to subsequent steps in the Guided Procedure.

former_member219850
Participant
0 Kudos

hiee craig,,

could you please tell us how you did that and what are the procedures to do this??.

thank you,

Darshan panchal

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos