Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing invoices with VF31 in only one spool request

fernando_martin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we want to print a number of invoices with VF31 using only one spool request, as at this time we become one spool request for each document.

The problem is that VF31 calls indirectly RSNAST00 and this program makes a call to the print program where we have OPEN_FORM and END_FORM each time, so this creates one spool request every time the program is called.

Is there a way to print in only one spool request without doing big changes to programs?

Thanks and regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To append to an existing spool, see the SAP Notes 85318 and 16410.

For spools to be appended the parameters 'New spool request' and 'Do not Append Print Jobs' must be set to 'No' by the application creating the spools.

For Sapscript, when the application call the function module OPEN_FORM in your print program, you can transfer a structure ITCPO to the parameter OPTIONS. Via ITCPO-TDNEWID, you can select the option 'New Spool Request'.Via ITCPO-TDFINAL, you can can select if the spool is closed.

Regards,

Aidan

fernando_martin
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I saw in other posts that some people had the opposite problem with VF31, that all was printed in one spool, so I think there must be one option/setting to change this.

The call to the invoice print program is in a loop and having OPEN_FORM each time, even with the mentioned parameters in ITCPO empty create one new spool request.

Regards.

fernando_martin
Participant
0 Kudos

I think I found another way of printing all documents in only one request.

Using a long range of invoices in we become a long list of invoices. After checking all of them, go to Edit->printer default, and set a printer and the field "print inmediately" blank. After processing all of them, you go to SP01 and see that all documents are in one spool request.

Easiest way to transfer this spool request to a PDF file is with program RSTXPDFT4 (executable with SE38). Do not select background and then choose file name. finally you get the PDF file with the same pages indicated in SP01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm following your advice and creating one spool request and then going into SP01. However, I get an Error Creating Print Data and nothing prints.

Answers (0)