cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using windows folder share in File adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am building File-PI-IDoc scenario. The source folder path provided to me is a windows folder share. I am not sure if we can use the windows path 'AS-IS' in the file adapter. Please let me know how can I configure the file adapter to read file from the windows shared folder.

Thanks,

Dhawal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you are using the FTP option?

so you add the fully qualified host and path

if you are using an account to log on, sometimes the path is not required as the user only has access to that folder...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Please let me know how can I configure the file adapter to read file from the windows shared folder.

You can do this, when PI is running on windows OS. Otherwise this is not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The server that I am trying to connect to is not the same server where PI is installed. Also, PI is not in windows but it's on the UNIX server. The remore server is not FTP either, so I am not able to use FTP either.

- Dhawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhawal,

if the files are stored remotely, there is no other way than using FTP. You have to set up a FTP Server on the remote machine, to make the directory available to SAP XI.

Regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

The server is within the landscape. So, I guess we should be able to connect to this insider. So, I just wanted to know if there is any other way than using an FTP connection because we are not accessing server from an outside party. Please let me know your opinion.

- Dhawal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is possible to mount a windows drive onto Unix....

http://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-questions-answers/31253-mount-windows-drive-unix.html

speak to your basis or network team about Samba - http://www.samba.org/.

then you can use NFS to read the PI server....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Dhawal !

There is another way...

You have a Busines System based on Windows OS with shared folder, and PI based on Unix, and you want to use a File Adapter to take files from folder to PI. And you have 3 ways:

1) Create FTP Server on Windows, and connect your File Adapter to FTP Folder. If you don't want to use FTP (in my case it was becouse of some security reasons), so...

2) You can install Samba on Unix. Samba can mount Windows shared folder as unix drive, but it will be a problem when WinOS server starts to shut down without unmounting this shared folder from Unix. And when your unix administrators rejects this way, so...

3) You can install a Plain J2SE Adapter Engine on WinOS machine. This is a small standalone part of PI, that can take and convert files from folder to PI-message and send this message to PI-pipeline.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6f/246b3de666930fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Looks like its a File adapter with message protocal NFS,that implies that your PI(Netweaver)is installed in the same windows OS what you are mentioning.If that you can directly refer the physical path for the source directory.

But if its FTP as msg protocol the recoomendation cancels out.

cheers,

Abhishek.