cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection in procurement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, I have a query regarding inspection types 01, 0101 and 0102 i.e. regular, model and preliminary inspection for a material.

Although I know the configuration part, I'm not clear conceptually what a model or preliminary inspection means. Would appreciate any inputs.

1. For a new vendor or new material/ vendor combination what would be the impact of this setup?

2. For an existing material , I have reached production series release. Can this then be reset to model inspection again? When would this be required?

3. Before shipping material, a vendor sends me samples for inspection. Once these are approved, the total shipment is received and inspected, next. Any ideas on how this can be mapped?

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Conceptually think of this as a dynamic modification type of process.

In the begining, you get a nwe supplier of a material. You don't yet trust the vendor, or you may not yet fully understand what you are going to test the item for.

So in the model, its like getting the prototype for the item. You test every thing you can on it.

Then, by the time the prototype comes along, you get a bit more definite on what you want to test.

Finally, you move into regular inspection when you know what tests are important to monitor and which ones aren't.

You might use this process both for either a new material or a new vendor of an exisitng material. New vendors are often put through the same process to make sure they are consistent and don't show errors in another area of testing.

There is no hard and fast rule as to where and when you use this process. But I beleive it grew out of the military and areospace systems where some materials are in fact very complicated pieces of equipment with many, many testing parameters. This along the lines of what you might do to qualify a new vendor to supply turbine blades for jet engines. Or a guidance control board for installation in missle components.

FF

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Adding further to SV and FF

Sample, Trial and Production are 3 stage approval process mostly followed in automobile industry.

Initially sample comes, its inspected and approved

Status changes to Trial, inspected and if approved, status changes to Production.

Status wont change, if the previous stage is not approved.

You could find more information out of SAP throug PPAP process by AIAG.

Vineeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for your responses. Really appreciate it!

Am closing this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use here source inspection concept.

Scenario:

Purchase order is created for the raw material requirement to the particular vendor and the vendor stock is checked before goods receipt is made in our place where inspection lot has to be generated after the purchase order creation to the particular vendor.

Prerequisite:

In the material master QM view inspection type 01, 101 to be activated

Q-info record (QI01) to be created for the particular vendor and source inspection type 0101 to be assigned in inspection control tab in QI01 screen.

Once you create purchase order again run transaction QI07 with material, plant .vendor combination.u2014Press Enter u2013in this screen select your line item & click on create inspection lot & save the transaction. Then you will find inspection lot to process.

Scenario-1:

Inspection lot is generated when purchase order is created, where result recording and usage decision is made as Approved after that Goods receipt is made with the reference of PO at the time of goods receipt system should not create the inspection lot and it allows to post the stock in unrestricted.

Scenario-2

Inspection lot is generated when purchase order is created, where result recording and usage decision is made as Rejected after that Goods receipt is made with the reference of PO at the time of goods receipt the below condition has to happen

1. System should create the new inspection lot and do the analysis then accept the stock

2. system should not allow to do the goods receipts.

3. source inspection has no impact at th time of goods receipt.

Configuration setting required:

Quality management-QM logistics-QM procurement -Control key

Define control key;

GR/Source inspection control;

GR for rejection; three option is available

1.source inspection has no effect on goods receipt

2.Creation of new inspection lot

3.Goods receipt not allowed.

If any issue please revert me back.

Regards

SANIL

0 Kudos

Hi

Can i use the scenario 2 for blanket purchase orders?

Regards

Rizwan