cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reson code entry during scrapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I activated reason code entry for scrapping and its working fine when I do 555 mvt type through MB1A. But in notification action box, I maintained scrapping functionality and when I click for scrapping the pop-up appears. But unable to provide reason code for scrapping as field for reason code is not available in pop-up window.

Also scrapping cycle cannot be completed until we input reason code. Please let me know, how to bring reason code field in action box pop-up. Now the field for reason is hidden.

Thanks

J

Edited by: Jaison on May 19, 2010 5:53 AM

Edited by: Jaison on May 19, 2010 5:54 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can copy the function modules QMLR_CREATE_INSP_LOT, QMLR_FREE_TO_BLOCKED_STOCK taking the note 304177 as refence and adjust them to your requirements.

Regards,

Natália

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Natalia,

Thanks a lot

Regards

Vincent

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vineeth

You have to stay with SAP Note. I have tried it before but without any success. I suggested my user to keep the reason the defect entry in the notification

Regards

Gajesh

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Note 304177- is SAP propsed note, but cannot use as they recommend to defaul a reason code for everytime. And client will not accept this.

I will just try as Sujith told by doing some modification in FM or let SAP give some suggestions.

Nagesh, I also think there is no solution for this available with SAP now in any form of Notes.

I am not closing this thread, once I get some solution, I will update and close this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I face the same issue in notification. Any news from SAP ?

Thanks a lot

Regards

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you do one thing-> Create a function module Auto call MB1A screen in background with default mvt type as 555.enter code & reason here.->then save automatically with Qty,material & storage location value populated form the IM table.

I think this will add some value

Former Member
0 Kudos

I request some one to reply to this thread. Its a product error it seems and no one is there to give a comment on this matter.

Thanks

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

I request some one to reply to this thread. Its a product error it seems and no one is there to give a comment on this matter.

I checked upwith SAP also and getting some feedback on this, recommenting to use Note 304177. But if we use this note the reason code have to be set as default one code and will be proposed every time. They saying, if we use this note we can use only one reason code. Its not useful for me as User have to enter appropriate reason codes every time a drop down menu, when he/she do scrapping of the material.

Any thoughts, experts. FF, Sujith and all.

Thanks

Jaison

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you tried OMBS for reason code and control?

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

OMBS settings done and working fine in MB1A but not in notification.

J

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I dont think you can enter reason code, if you do scrapping through action box. As there is no field to enter reason code. Functional Module may need to be copied and editted by your technical team for bringing that field. Other wise dont do scrapping through Action box, do it through MB1A.

Vineeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure that you when you are doing scrapping through action box then its 553 mvt & not 555.

check & configure accordingly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sujith and all other experts,

I am using 555 movement type for scrapping quarantined material. for example, I quarantine 100 nos, 75 are good and will moved from blocked to unrestricted. Remaining 25 nos I scrap from blocked stock throgh 555 movement type.

But my problem here is I am unable to do it through action box as there is no field for me to enter reason code in pop-up for scrapping in notification screen.

In MB1A, the field for reason code is available and can be used.

Business requirement is to scrap a material through action box. Now I dont think, I can do it coz of the eerror. I have to go out of notification to MB1A and do scrapping seperately, which is not acceptable to clieent.

Thanks.

J

Edited by: Jaison on May 20, 2010 1:02 PM