cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error while import development configuration from portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all :

you know , there are a lot of deployed packages on portal, I want to import them from Porta to do some modification, but there is an error says " noconfiguration on the sever or server error". the ping test of development configuration pool is successful, that is say, the address is correct ? right ? could you please tell me how to sovle the problem ?

thank you very much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check if the configuration u r trying to access exists on the repository? by the way, Do u use NWDI?

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much for your reply , I am using NWDS to import DC.

and ping test is successful.

There is option called Window (on top of the NWDS) >go to Preference->Java Development Infrastructure>Development Confrugation

In the URL give ur NWDI server name then click on ping server if its runs succcesfully

Edited by: jingying Sony on May 18, 2010 1:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you please how do the following check?

Just check if the configuration u r trying to access exists on the repository?

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if the DC which u want exists in the track? or if u r trying to access a configuration which is deleted, u can get this message.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you please tell me how to check if it is in the track, but I am sure the business pacakge is being used, I am just want to make some change to it .

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jingying

Please check the SLD for your NWDI track at http://<HOST>:<PORT>/devinf >> Click System Landscape Directory...Copy URL like http://<HOST>:50000. Now this URL need to use in the NWDS to connect NWDI.

Update as per mentioned above and test, appliy and Ok.

Now click on icon for Development Infrastructure in NWDS (If not opened, then you need to open using windows >> open perspective >> Develpment Infrastructure) >> enter login detail >> import wizard will open >> select track like suffix _D.

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much for your reply, we don't have NWDI, it seems thant we should have NWDI installed to enhance DC .

right ? but is it necessary to have NWDI in order to import DC from Portal?

thank you very much

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jingying,

If you do not have NWDI in your landscape and you want to modify the Local DC directly to portal, you can do that but it is you need to extra cautions to track DC's/modify after some because shuld have source code/transport to different landscape.

So, it is better to have NWDI in your landscape. there is three component need to deploy on the server to use NWDI like DTR, CBS and CMS.

Please refer to for more details.

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to ur NWDS

2 There is option called Window (on top of the NWDS) >go to Preference->Java Development Infrastructure>Development Confrugation

In the URL give ur NWDI server name then click on ping server if its runs succcesfully

Then u can go ahead to importing the the Track

Regads

Dibya