cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing data from MDM generated Webdynpro to custom Webdynpro component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a project through MDM Webdynpro configurator and added Search, Resultset and Item components to it. If used s a standalone project, this works good.

Now I have a custom Webdynpro project and using the MDM_JAVA_WD_FRAMEWORK, I am calling the above MDM generated webdynpro project from the custom webdynpro project using Interface Views. This also works good.

But I have a situation, where I need to pass the selected record in the Resultset component of MDM Webdynpro project to the context of the custom webdynpro project. I do not see the option of context mapping between these components. Then how do I achieve this ?

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192152
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Try to map this context to the Interface Component of MDM WebDynpro.

regards,

Angelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angelo,

The Webdynpro project created by MDM Configurator does not have a context structure like the Webdynpro project created using NWDS. Hence we cannot implement External Context Mapping with a MDM Configurator generated Webdynpro project in this scenario.

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angelo,

I am working on MDM 7.1 and the document in the link above talks about creating standard MDM Item iviews and pass values as application Parameters. My scenario is different. I want to exchange the entire context data as per the context schema between a custom webdynpro component and a MDM generated webdynpro project.

The second document says about the method of consuming a MDM Webdynpro project from a custom webdynpro project. But did does not say anything about the context data exchange between the two.

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gosh,

Did you find any solution for this. We also have same requirement. Please share the solution.